1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

how much will japanese denim stretch out

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by masterpp, Jul 5, 2006.

1. masterpp

masterpp Well-Known Member

guys, how much give can one expect from good/heavy quality japanese denim (particularly samurai and DIOR homme raws.

ta

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

guys, how much give can one expect from good/heavy quality japanese denim (particularly samurai and DIOR homme raws.

ta

About as much as all the denim I've tried. Everything I've worn has stretched to the same degree.

3. masterpp

which is how much= sorry im new to dry denim- only ever bourght levis before

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

which is how much= sorry im new to dry denim- only ever bourght levis before
    It all depends on how tight they are in the first place. For example, my current jeans started out at 29.75" inches, and are now 31" even. My Nudies which started out 31" only stretch to maybe 31.5" (since my hips are about 30.5", where I wear the jeans). If you get them tight, but comfortable enough that you can button them up all the way, they'll stretch out to a regular-fit waist.

5. masterpp

i meant more on the thigh. i bourght dior homme raw denims in the japanese 19 and i bourght them in the size in which i can comfortably do them up on the waist. in fact they are loose ish on the waste.

but they are pretty tight on the leg for old thunder thighs.

how can i loosen them around the hips abit

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Maybe you shoulda got the 21? Either way, just wear them and they will loosen up a bit. Not sure it'll be as much as you want though...

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

i meant more on the thigh. i bourght dior homme raw denims in the japanese 19 and i bourght them in the size in which i can comfortably do them up on the waist. in fact they are loose ish on the waste. but they are pretty tight on the leg for old thunder thighs. how can i loosen them around the hips abit
    Hmm. My advice would be to consider returning them and find a pair of jeans that gives you more tightness on the waist with more looseness in the hip/thighs area. If the Diors are tight on your thighs, you can wait it out and they will stretch.. but wash em again and they'll just go back to being super tight. It's all up to you.