• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How much water?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I want to drink more water - a lot more water. Better skin, clear pee and I want to lose some lbs.

How much water should I drink per day? These are days with and without exercise. I want a baseline of water consumption.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Water is overrated

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Four liters of Diet Pepsi Max.

I'd actually like to know what a good intake amount is.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
This is a dumb thread, everyone is different, put out a 2L glass container filled with cold boiled water and drink from it whenever you feel you want/can. If you can do more than that you an refill it throughout the day but don't try to set a benchmark.

SVS

Reaction score
My office provides free bottled water and pushes it hard. I drink of metric shitload of it every day. Being hydrated is great, but I've never noticed a benefit from drinking more than enough to stay hydrated. Unless you love trips to the restroom, I doubt you will either.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you thirsty? drink something.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVS
My office provides free bottled water and pushes it hard. I drink of metric shitload of it every day. Being hydrated is great, but I've never noticed a benefit from drinking more than enough to stay hydrated. Unless you love trips to the restroom, I doubt you will either.
+1

bearlydavid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
This is a dumb thread, everyone is different, put out a 2L glass container filled with cold boiled water and drink from it whenever you feel you want/can. If you can do more than that you an refill it throughout the day but don't try to set a benchmark.

Why the heck do I have to boil it?

Taxler

Reaction score
Who wants to carry around a 2L glass bottle?

Stedye

Reaction score
Most health professionals say up to 8 glasses per day is recommended. I believe the body has an inner wisdom to tell you how much you need. I believe that one should drink the amount of water that quenches the thrist and satisfies the body without having the feeling of very full stomach.

Over the years I have noticed when drinking emough water I am : 1 )More energetic 2) Have more of a glow on my face from adequately hydrated system 3) Hunger is dimimished 4) General overall well being is enhanced. Experiment with different amounts of water for say a week. All the best.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bearlydavid
Why the heck do I have to boil it?

You don't, I always found boiled water to be much better then from the tap, but if you buy it then there is no point.

Also you don't carry it around, you leave it on your kitchen counter.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^water requirements are overstated. a liter a day should do you. you'll get water from the other stuff you drink. i drink a gallon a day and am relegated to a life of constant pissing

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depends on what your goals are. On a cut/diet, lots of water is especially essential.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
depends on what your goals are. On a cut/diet, lots of water is especially essential.

Yes. Goals, activities etc. are very important to how much you should drink.

But as others have said, all this is getting you to the point were you maintain hydration.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40