• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much to let out tight thighs

shiltsy

Reaction score
I recently ordered a suit from Indochino, and although the jacket looks great, the pants are incredibly tight. I spoke with a local tailor who said there isn't enough fabric to let out. She compared the pants to another OTR pair of 34x30 pants that I brought in and the result was that the Indochino pants needed to be +4" in the thigh and +2" in the crotch. Indochino said that based on their numbers, they felt like +2" thigh was more reasonable, but their entire pattern staff is on holiday for the next two weeks and can't make a recommendation until they come back.

The more I think about it, +4" is a lot of additional room. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Should I just go with their +2" thigh remake recommendation and be done with it?

Ivar

Reaction score
I would go with 4 inches. Since they screwed up the first time around, I wouldn't trust them on getting it right now. And pants that are too full can always be taken it, whereas the opposite isn't always true.

HughJ

Reaction score

I would go with 4 inches. Since they screwed up the first time around, I wouldn't trust them on getting it right now. And pants that are too full can always be taken it, whereas the opposite isn't always true.

+1, but I'm puzzled as to how they got the waist right at the same time as being 4" off on the thigh and 2" off on the rise. That's an awful lot.

shiltsy

Reaction score
I took some time to measure the pants and compare them against the measurements I submitted. It looks like they simply made the thighs 2" smaller than I had ordered. Frustrating, but at this point I have no choice but to wait it out and hope they get it right on round two.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They really do not know what they are doing to be this far out but take more - that should be capable of any minor adjustments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads