1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How much student debt did/will you graduate with?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by FidelCashflow, Nov 11, 2007.

1. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Feel free to PM me with the name of that investment with an 8% return....

I have an account with LLoyds here in the UK called a monthly saver. I can only put in 250 pounds a month, but I get 8% on it.

K

2. Financier

Financier Senior member

I graduated in 1983 with a debt of $0. I did owe the USMC 4 years, though.

Four years of your life is a lot of money. Of course, if you enjoy being a Marine, it's a great deal.

I finished undergrad with no debt, finished business school 10 years later owing about $45,000, despite being supported by my wife, who had a decent job at the time.

$35,000 of that debt was in Stafford loans, which I locked in at 2.875% for 25 years. That's hard to beat. It will probably be the last personal loan I ever pay off.

3. DNW

DNW Senior member

$35,000 of that debt was in Stafford loans, which I locked in at 2.875% for 25 years. That's hard to beat. It will probably be the last personal loan I ever pay off.

That's basically free money. I locked in at about 3.25% for $20,000 of my undergrad loan. Too bad I can't get that rate for the $150,000 of my law school loans. The way rates are going right now, I'm looking forward to consolidating my law loans for 5%.

4. WestIndianArchie

WestIndianArchie Senior member

6 figures, but law school ain't cheap.
    But law pays well, even if you don't make it into "big law".

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

~100,000

Same here. The fact that I got an Ivy League education might explain the cost.