• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How much should a tailer/seamstress charge me to take in chinos?

ac_slater

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of Our Legacy chinos. Love the fabric and the waist actually fits me perfect. But the entire leg is way too wide. Rise might be a little too much also.

I have had pants hemmed but never actually taken in. The entire leg needs probably a half inch to a full inch taken off the width.

How much should I expect to pay for this? I normally pay like $15 for hemming. But this seems like a much taller order.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

I recently bought a pair of Our Legacy chinos. Love the fabric and the waist actually fits me perfect. But the entire leg is way too wide. Rise might be a little too much also.
I have had pants hemmed but never actually taken in. The entire leg needs probably a half inch to a full inch taken off the width.
How much should I expect to pay for this? I normally pay like $15 for hemming. But this seems like a much taller order.

That's pretty expensive for hemming. 15 is how much I paid for my tapering. I pay 10 for hemming

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.