• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how much olive oil is too much olive oil?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe the only (semi) erotic Seinfeld scene is when they volunteer to visit elderly shut-ins. Elaine gets assigned Ghandi's long-lost lover, and Jerry draws an old crank w/ good record collection that Kramer & Newman try to sell at Bleeker Bobs. The cranky guy goes missing and the episode ends with everyone bursting into his apt. , only to find George getting his head rubbed w/ oil by the geezer's hot African housekeeper.....

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
I find acceptable, so long as it is never spoken.

I don't like it (written). do people really say it ("Eee-voo")?

samus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
I don't like it (written). do people really say it ("Eee-voo")?

Originally Posted by gladhands
That stubby woman on the TV does.

To be fair, she doesn't say "evoo," she sounds out the letters: Ee-vee-oh-oh. Still, it grates.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this thread about?
confused.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
I ******* hate that North American foodie expression, EVOO.

+1

Originally Posted by samus
To be fair, she doesn't say "evoo," she sounds out the letters: Ee-vee-oh-oh. Still, it grates.

at which point she might as well just say "olive oil" since it comes out faster and pretty much everyone just uses extra virgin anyways.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love how she goes "ee-vee-oh-oh, which is short for EVOO or extra virgin olive oil".

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
How hard is it to say olive oil
confused.gif

you don't understand the plight of the American stay at home mom.

samus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
at which point she might as well just say "olive oil" since it comes out faster and pretty much everyone just uses extra virgin anyways.

On that note, it's annoying how people will now use extra-virgin for everything, regardless of appropriateness. E.g., high temp applications where all the money paid for those beautiful flavors goes up in smoke.

HitMan009

Reaction score
On that note, it's annoying how people will now use extra-virgin for everything, regardless of appropriateness. E.g., high temp applications where all the money paid for those beautiful flavors goes up in smoke.

I used to believe this and still do but the more I read on how people in Italy cook, they use extra virgin olive oil for everything as well. It's used for deep frying as well which I found very strange because olive oil no matter what extra virgin or the cheap "pure olive oil" has a relatively low smoke point. I mean obviously you are not gonna to use the really good extra virgin olive for cooking but you can find relatively cheap extra virgin olive oil in the super market these days so that extra is not that much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads