• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much of SF groupthink do you actually follow?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok. been on here a while. My style has not changed, but gained awareness of various brands, sales, etc.

Wore pocket squares before I came on board here, but oftentimes, it does not blend in well with those around me.

Still wear whatever denims I was wearing before (BR selvage, Energie, seven for all mankind, diesel - had many of these for a long time before I came on board).

Purchased some inco's - fit nicely.
Found out about some tailors.

For work, I wear whatever is most comfy foot wise and pants wise :)

And I've rocked some knitted ties, which I got due to SF influence, and they got felt up by other female doctors, and envied by male mds, which has been good.

I still wear lacoste casual polos when I'm not wearing dress shirts, and this works fine for me too.

I've used this board to expand my knowledge about brands not carried much at stores such as nordstroms and bloomies, share good value purchases and such.

I do 1.75 cuffs for pleated pants and no cuff for flat fronts.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Composer_1777
^ thats a good one Rl + BB = SF

Add Zegna to that and you're right.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif
You're kidding, right?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Totally random but you got two pairs of MTM/MTO boots from Vass a few yrs ago, were calf or cordovan and how well have they held up to the use you've been putting them through (what kind of wear, etc).

actuallly, I knew about Vass before I knew about SF.

love them, after 4 years the uppers are like new, had to resole them once. cordovan. I pretty much wear just the two pairs all the time, I have 3 other pair of shoes, but I hardly wear the others.

Eccentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
president-bush-yale-skull-and-bones.jpg

How much SF groupthink do I actually follow?

Enough as necessary to join the secret society.

Hmm, the general lack of visible cuff is disappointing...

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing pocket squares, incotex, knit ties and cuffing dress pants (1.75") before SF but I admit I know cuff some cotton pants and cords due to SF influence, and I like them.

Otherwise, I still wear my black suit to evening events, don't own any AE and find Ann Hathaway ugly
boxing[1].gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
+1

Cue the lineup of objectors making sure that they register their individuality by finding exceptions in their wardrobe to every one of these items.

Uh but seriously

Wtf is wrong with logos? love em.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given all the recent threaks on 'good taste' and 'rules' where the OP seems to ask for only the big timers to respond to, and given that a lot of new members have joined...just thought I would revive this thread to let the non big timers to chime in freely.

How closely do you follow the general SF rules/groupthink?

Last edited:

FillW

Reaction score
I'm too new to be influenced very much...

I do dig the pocketsquare advice/ideas though.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Given all the recent threaks on 'good taste' and 'rules' where the OP seems to ask for only the big timers to respond to, ...

this is really disgusting..., anyway, it will not last long, imo.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have followed the herd in regard to many of the English RTW shoes. My ties would all be considered SF approved now.

You have done really well with your shoe game. You need to post a family pic.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must admit I have probably moved away from wearing black clothing due to SF, but I still have two pairs of black shoes (well a shoe and a boot). I have also added (likely) far too many pocket squares to my wardrobe. I do not however care much for lasts with pointier toes or slim-fitting pants. Straight cut is about my limit.

...the more I think about it though, I bet most of my "Mens Clothing" brands are SF approved.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads