• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much money do you spend per day on coffee/espresso?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys are spending on average? I just realized, via my latest Nespresso order, that I'm clocking in at about $3 per day. Just to clarify - I'm talking about all coffee purchases. The stuff you buy for the house, the stuff you buy when you're on the road, the after dinner drinks, etc..

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nil. I love coffee but caffeine wrecks my system. On the rare occasion I feel like I NEED it, we always have good fair-trade stuff in the office breakroom for free.

lou

Reaction score
Coffee at my office is free. I would not buy coffee from a coffee stand place on a daily basis.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not per day, when i feel like it around $3.50, trying to cut down. Office has it for free as well. Krups and a machine that grinds the beans on the fly.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a coffee shop where I buy about 3 green teas from (some japanese blend) every day. it's a good excuse to go walk outside. I think that comes out to about $7 a day, but I always buy coffee for the guy at the desk in the lobby and whoever happens to be with me. I refill my card with like 50 bucks pretty often so I must be around $10 a day.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not much. We buy a big can of Folger's for like $8 every couple of months. Coffee at the office is free. We're not really coffee fanatics - I like to drink it but I'm not all that interested in spending for it on a daily basis. Occasionally I'll splurge and get soemthing nice but it's not often. Maybe 2x a month I'll get a Starbucks or Caribou if I'm out somewhere.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll get a big bag of Starbucks french roast (whole bean) and grind it up before brewing. That's around $20 a month. Office coffee is free, and since we changed providers it has become quite decent.

..FWIW, we're both 3 cup minimums, each morning. I remember life before the caffeine addiction.
frown.gif

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I go through a pound of espresso in 2 weeks or so. I go through about 4 shots of espresso per day, often as a cappuccino in the morning. Off the top of my head I'd guess that it is around $1.25/day (not including the cost of my machine, grinder and accessories). That being said, the setup paid for itself in a year because I wasn't making my purchases at Starbucks. I also get better espresso any time I want it.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you factoring in milk/cream/sugar? What about filters?
confused.gif

I buy a couple of pounds (usually la Colombe $13 and Cafe Blend from Porto Rico $7) and mix them. This a few weeks for morning coffee. I get small cup froma shop on the way home ($2)

freeAgent

Reaction score
$0, I don't drink coffee.

I probably spend an average of about $0.30/day on (herbal) tea though.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Five bucks on a kilo of yerba mate per month. Fantastic deal.

Office coffee is free.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been enjoying Starbucks for free with $50 in gift cards I received.
about 33$ left

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads