• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much length shrinkage to expect with a Lacoste polo?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tag says not to dry it, but I probably will unless the length is going to shrink a lot.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 1-1.5" depending on how hot you set the dryer. I actually hot wash and dry mine for the first time so I don't have to worry about it later.

darkoak

Reaction score
I usually hang to dry; however in the couple of times I forgot to take it out of the laundry pile and include it in the tumbler, it shrank around 1.5". Not a problem though, as what I usually do then is just include it in the next batch of wash, and hang to dry after stretching the length a bit while wet. Usually the length returns to normal.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i'm size 4 in lacoste polos and don't dry my lacoste polos. reason being i accidently did once, and it was too short for me. keep in mind i'm pretty normally built, 5'11, athletic build.

plus it keeps them looking newer longer.

i only dry them when i need to shrink down the ribbing on the collar and arm bands. 10 min on delicate

Panerai118

Reaction score
Unless you want it to shrink, don't throw it into the dryer. My GF threw it in once, and it shrank a little bit.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panerai118
My GF threw it in once, and it shrank a little bit.

wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

Oh, to take quotes out of context
smile.gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll keep it out of the dryer then. I hate having to be so precious about a polo.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I guess I'll keep it out of the dryer then. I hate having to be so precious about a polo.

You don't have to be. Buy one size larger and shrink the crap out of it. I wash my polos with the rest of my clothes. They don't deserve special treatment just because they're Lacoste.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing is I have some SS Lacostes in a 4 and dry them, and they are now too short for my liking. When I was looking for a slim LS polo, I tried on a Lacoste 3 not expecting it to be long enough, but it was. So I need to try to retain that length, since if I dry it it will presumably be even shorter than the 4's.

bigsink

Reaction score
answer: too much. dont dry it.

I dried mine once and it shrank nearly 2sizes. I ended up looking like a fool trying to show off his muscles.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I almost ruined my black Lacoste when I put it in the dryer. Air-drying is better for the size and life of the shirt.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I dry it in the dryer too much because they're too baggy for me, even their "extra small." But after that, hang dry it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads