1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How much is a Tom Ford suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LuxeStyles, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

Yes. The amount of options = 0. As far as I know in Canada there is absolutely nothing remotely close to Saville Row or the top Milanese tailors. Custom yes (meaning a individually tailored suit, but at a significantly lesser quality). Bespoke no.

If I am wrong, please correct me, I would love to hear about it. And I don't particularly care where in Canada because I am in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, etc. very regularly.

Francesco Sr. in Toronto is a Milanese bespoke tailor. He's getting on in years
    but makes everything entirely by hand. Prices are quite high but in keeping
    with Savile Row or Milan bespoke.

http://www.francescosrbespoke.com/

2. Quarks

Quarks Senior member

Tom Ford dinner suits at Harrolds in Melbourne, Australia are $5000.

That bloody $5000 dinner coat has been waving at me ever since I first laid my eyes on it. Bloody jacket. BTW, Tom Ford tailors are dropping by Harrolds, Melb this weekend for MTM.

3. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Pinging Spoo...

Pinging 192.195.52.5 with 69 bytes of data

Reply from 5P00: cost:$5000 time<1hr> TTL=$5,000

5. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Pinging 192.195.52.5 with 69 bytes of data

Reply from 5P00: cost:$5000 time<1hr> TTL=$5,000

Just to make sure: is this C21 pricing formula?

6. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Yeah, interested in bespoke in Vancouver that isn't TF.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Just to make sure: is this C21 pricing formula?

-does not compute-

8. razl

razl Senior member

My fave feature of TF's suits are the adjustable pants - ala rented tuxedo style. Honestly - for a guy like me that demands the perfect fit in the waist this is one of the greatest features. So, anyone know of another great designer who does the same thing but at a reasonable price? $3500 is too rich for this waist sensitive fashion boi. Thanks
    If you mean side tab adjusters, my understanding - though I've never tried myself - is that a competent tailor can add them to any trousers after the fact. Note that if you do, you'll want to have the belt loops removed. Also, you'll have to come up with the material for them to match the pants. If the pants are new and unhemmed, you might get enough out of the extra length to make it work.

9. hannah23

hannah23 New Member

10. Ivon

Ivon Senior member

Paying Tom Ford prices just to have side tabs? Are you crazy? If I remember correctly side tabs and no belt loops were standard on old school style British suit pants (gentlemen wear braces). Any competent tailor can make pants like those, I had them on Alan Flusser pants back in the day.

Unless your job gives you latitude to wear stuff like that, the Ron Burgundy look isn't going to fly with the powers that be in a conservative business environment.

11. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

TF is overpriced if you are capable to communicate to a tailor of their style, and they are willing to cut the item

12. NORE

NORE Senior member

What's with all of the noob necrobumps lately?

1 person likes this.
  13. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

I don't know, but I'm going to use the opportunity to shamelessly plug the Tom Ford suit I have for sale :p

See my sig for deets!

14. GHo

GHo Senior member

Who's the chick in your avatar? :thumbs-up:

15. NORE

NORE Senior member

Take a guess ;)