• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How much for return shipping on shoes to the UK

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering a pair of shoes from england...the price is favorable but I am not 100% on the sizing (although the odds are really good).

Shipping to the US is free but if I have to return them, I would be out shipping...How much should I expect to have to pay to send a pair of shoes back to the UK (Hampshire) from Chicago?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depends on how fast you want them to get there, but probably about $40 (more or less) for a chunkier pair of 2kg weighing shoes.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This ain't the damn Post Office.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
depends on how fast you want them to get there, but probably about $40 (more or less) for a chunkier pair of 2kg weighing shoes.

Damn...how are they making any money with free shipping over $79

Originally Posted by TRINI
This ain't the damn Post Office.

Yeah but people here buy english shoes all the time
I would imagine some of them return them as well (and I don't have dimensions/weight to plug in to the post office)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you taken into account that the seller will deduct his shipping cost while refunding you money. You will be out of shipping both ways in case you return

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Damn...how are they making any money with free shipping over $79

Depends on the shoes, but Herring sends to US for 20 pounds ($30) via UPS. Maybe they are eating some of the cost or maybe they have some business discount deal going on.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.