• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How much does your wardrobe cost?

Brad2119

Reaction score
If you HAD to estimate how much money you spent on your wardrobe in total, and this includes everything from formal wear to gym clothing... how much would you guess?

I just re-did my wardrobe around 8 months ago, not EVEN CLOSE to being done, but I'd guess a bit over $5,000 altogether, more or less.

I don't own that many clothing though, working on getting more and more every single day...

You?

300zx1985

Reaction score
I am right around there man, just did it up in my head...

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In before jet calling you guys peasants since 5k only buys him two outfits.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is stupid. People can spend a lot on garbage or not a lot on good pieces. Talking about money without referencing specific pieces is annoying.

But w/e, have your fun

[I am taking the bus right now down Geary; not so balleR!]

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just did a quick visual of my footwear and came up with ~3.8k and there's really nothing crazy there, but I've got the bases covered. Could stand a really good pair of chukkas I guess.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad2119
If you HAD to estimate how much money you spent on your wardrobe in total, and this includes everything from formal wear to gym clothing... how much would you guess?
Jet owns over $20k in Reebok gear alone. Do we count shoelaces, too?

Brad2119

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, I only started buying expensive things not too long ago. I started my interest in fashion about a couple of months ago, but you don't start buying Rick Owens and stuff, you know? You start out small, I didn't even know Rick Owens existed until my interest grew more. I think the clothing I have, 5K is a lot. I don't own a lot of clothing, again... only around 4 pairs of jeans, 6 pairs of sneakers, 8 button downs, couple of t-shirts here and there, etc.. so yeah. Again, a good wardrobe takes years to build, so it takes time...

The only piece which I own that's in the thousands is a watch which costs 2.5K. I own a coat for $600, a button down for $410, dress shoes for $600, etc..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
This thread is stupid.

About 60-75.

Brad2119

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This thread is stupid.

About 60-75.

How long have you been building your wardrobe for, though? Cuz a $65k+ wardrobe would definitely take a couple of years I think.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I meant $75.

I only count when I started buying good stuffs by my standards.

Brad2119

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is making a big deal about jet lol... I checked his sell thread and he owns a lot of non-baller pieces.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^That's why he's selling them, dog.

Better thread: How much would it cost to hire someone to break all your fucking fingers so you'll stop making threads?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's cuz they like to hype me up for no reason, I just told you I'm not a baller kid.

Brad2119

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
^That's why he's selling them, dog.

Better thread: How much would it cost to hire someone to break all your fucking fingers so you'll stop making threads?

But if he was such a baller, he wouldn't have bought them and worn them in the first place, moron.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.