1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How much does it cost to put rubber sole protectors on your shoe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by josepidal, Sep 24, 2006.

1. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Kolecho, there's a ready source of cheap labor in your area that's not quite in Manhattan. [​IMG]

So how much would sole and heel protectors cost? Around $50?

2. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Why don't you call up some cobblers to ask? Seems the most straightforward to me.

3. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

True. I'm trying to get a baseline to compare against.

4. Niels

Niels Well-Known Member

I paid 700 DKK (around 93 Euro) for resoling and repairing my Church's shoes at the Church's factory included shipping fra Denmark to England and vice versa.

The repaired and resoled shoes were like new ones and I can't think of money more well spend

5. epa

epa Senior member

These guys need more than 1 or 2 pair of dress shoes. I'm 58 years old and I have never had any shoes resoled. Are you rotating your shoes?[​IMG]
    I have maybe ten pairs of dress shoes (including ankle boots), and if I rotated them systematically it might take me some time to wear out the leather soles. Now, there are always a few shoes that are your favourite ones (at least for me; I have a shoe fitting problem, some shoes actually hurt my feet, some -very few ones, thhough- fit wonderfully), and I would have their soles worn out rapidly if it wasn't for the rubber sole protectors. The first thing I do when I get new shoes is to get the rubber or plastic protectors one the soles. During the life of a pair of shoes, I actually often have to renew the sole protectors a few times. It is cheap (I guess around USD 20 or 30 here in Madrid), I do not think that it makes the shoes more uncomfortable or unelegant (as long as you do not wear the shoes with the sole side up; OK, when you sit down with one leg over the other, the rubber protector might end up showing, that's right, I'll have to be careful with that when in fine company), it gives you a better grip when you walk or dance (yes, on a decent dance floor you can pivote well also with plastic sole protectors on) and it definitely makes your shoes last longer. I stop wearing the shoes when the leather starts to look bad, and normally, at that time, the soles are still OK thanks to these sole protectors.

6. mrskinny

mrskinny Active Member

so do u guys resole just the sole or the heel as well?

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member