• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much do you spend on clothes per year?

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I have a Marroquian do it the finance.

I thought that you netted zero each year because you keep the tags on and return everything before the expiration of the return periods?

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say roughly $8,000 a year.

But I do justify my purchases when I sell things. Although this is probably not financially smart for saving. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this!

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I spent about ~45k-50k in the last 2 years. But going forward for the next 5 years, I don't anticipate me spending much more than ~1k/year. I'm lazy when it comes to going to my tailor, I mean he's only 7-8 miles away, but to get there I have to drive down this annoying 2 lane congested street that ends up taking 20-40 minutes each way.

I also have no mortgage or kids, so that helps

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

I thought that you netted zero each year because you keep the tags on and return everything before the expiration of the return periods?

I actually make a profit; the Marroquian steals the merch then returns it a month later. Genius I tell you!

I'm actually wearing an Illuminati ballcap (world bank+european union+bird flu campaign logos), EG flannel, some Uniqlo jeans and beatup stan smiths so spending money on clothes is actually pointless (true story).

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Reevolving keeps my financial records so that I don't have to think about it.

Can you prod him to release the average numbers? I've been eagerly awaiting the results of his data collection for months now. I feel like I've been led on. Blue balling it here. Come on Reev, stop being such a tease!

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have just slightly **** my pants. I'd be lucky to MAKE 45-50k a year...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I may have just slightly **** my pants. I'd be lucky to MAKE 45-50k a year...

Well you are lucky to be learning about style via teh forum. Now you can start slow, start young, and start right.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well you are lucky to be learning about style via teh forum. Now you can start slow, start young, and start right.

starting by selling off 20 something size XL contrast collar pinstriped club room dress shirts and two duffel coats...

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's never been a better time to buy blue spectator double monks with contrast stitching.

could it be that there's never been a better time because there's never been a GOOD time?

MattR

Reaction score
Before this site, it was hardly anything, b/c my wardrobe was mostly jeans and tees.

Now, I upgrade largely through thrifting, trades, and ebay. In total, probably about $1K during 2011 for several suits, bunch of new shirts, new shoes, socks, ties, etc. Obviously not thrifting socks and the like, but you get the gist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads