1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How much do you spend on a suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dieselman89, Apr 3, 2012.

How much do you pay for a suit?

1. under $500

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. $500-$999

36 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. $1,000-$1,999

25 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. $2,000

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. JRGEICO

JRGEICO Active Member

I stick around the EUR 300 - 400 price ranges as I am still waiting for my body to fully adapt to my new working life (e.g. will I get a beer (read: wine) belly yes/no).

However I buy my suits in this outlet "village" so their retail value is around EUR 650 - 800. ATM I would never spent more than 650 on a suit, unless its custom made that is.

2. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    I've seen that ehaberdasher carries some very nice suits, such as fully canvassed Caruso, in normal colors and sizes for $550 - $700. I think that's a really good deal. Also has its own label suits for $500, again fully canvassed. If I was looking for a new suit I'd be checking that site often.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  3. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

These days I only get bespoke suits except my beater M&S which is around £500.

At least £1500 per suit that I owned

However I go cheap in shirts and ties

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

One who deals in stolen contraband(a fence) or illegal narcotics?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  5. tubes41

tubes41 Member

Unfortunately due to being tall and skinny (read 204cm and 90kgs), I require MTM or bespoke. Being in Perth, Australia doesn't help either, so my suits average at around 2k AUD

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

My last three suits (BB 1818 and Samuelsohn) have all come in around $500 plus tax.

7. blahman

blahman Senior member

Last suit I bought was $180 half canvas, grey, Angelico tweed suit.

8. mjjo

mjjo Active Member

I try not to overspend on suits but sometimes the need arises that I have to look my best so no other way to do that than wear a fine tailor made suit.

9. mjjo

mjjo Active Member

I try not to overspend on suits but sometimes the need arises that I have to look my best so no other way to do that than wear a fine tailor made suit.

10. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Most of my suits were under $1000, including a couple of Oxxfords, RLPL, Zegna. I recently ordered a MTM Samuelsohn that will be over $1K. Deals are out there if you know what fits, are flexible with color/pattern, and (most importantly) you are patient. This last time, since I knew specifically what I wanted, I spent a bit more to get that made MTM.

11. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I think It's a pseudonym for, thrifter, cheap skate, small timer, igent... :confused:

12. Maegnus

Maegnus Well-Known Member

I'm a student with a government job, so a $500 club monaco suit is just fine for me. I imagine I will step up my game when I start making the big bucks.

13. domenickb

domenickb Active Member

In all honestly, I would love to be able to buy off the rack more often.

But finding a 48S with a 22 inches in the shoulders and a 14 inch drop is next to impossible, expect for the odd casual sport coat.

If you can get a great fit OTR and then get it tailored to fit perfectly, go for it.

I'm just stuck with impossible proportions.