• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much did you pay for your wife's/fiancee's engagement ring?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$4500.00, by today's prices I guess that would be close to $6000.

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
My fiancee was really cool about the whole thing. I was really blunt and told her "I have X amount of disposable income every month. If you wait until X, I can afford this much. If you wait until X, I can afford this much." She wound up just wanting me to buy it ASAP (If she hadn't, I'd honestly have reconsidered proposing). So I bought a $1900 ring from her Uncle, who owns a jewelry store.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My fiancee was really cool about the whole thing. I was really blunt and told her "I have X amount of disposable income every month. If you wait until X, I can afford this much. If you wait until X, I can afford this much." She wound up just wanting me to buy it ASAP (If she hadn't, I'd honestly have reconsidered proposing). So I bought a $1900 ring from her Uncle, who owns a jewelry store.

Sounds like a cool gf, fiance, future wife.

She knows it's more important to have you and be together than have "that rock". She also know you'll be good for a bigger one down the road ;)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
when I was shopping for a ring, google brought up purseforum - they have a non-discussion thread solely for posting pics of your ring. I guess all the high rolling SF'ers wives post over there, because there were some massive rocks, I was seeing American women nonchalantly post up 5 or 6 carats. What world do those people live in?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

when I was shopping for a ring, google brought up purseforum - they have a non-discussion thread solely for posting pics of your ring. I guess all the high rolling SF'ers wives post over there, because there were some massive rocks, I was seeing American women nonchalantly post up 5 or 6 carats. What world do those people live in?

Jaysus...

I'm helping a friend look for a ring. He has $5k and that won't even get a quality .91 ct solitaire in a white gold setting...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
$5K is more like, a really nice .5ct solitaire, me thinks.... he should look at .5cts though, even a half carat shows very nicely even compared side by side with a 1ct. The size differences are microscopic.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that's the ring i got. All of them show pretty large for even the smaller center stones, it's a great design and pretty satisfying IMO. The 'starting' price they list on the site though - completely unrealistic, they don't actually have anything near that in the nationwide inventory....

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I put a lot of time in looking at the online places that specialize in extremely high quality cuts. I ended up spending around $4k (and I was a grad student at the time) for a 0.70 carat stone and setting. The setting would be a lot more expensive now, with the price of gold and all. You can get some really nice stones for less than most people would think if you look around and especially if you're willing to go online. The one I ended up buying is really, really nice and was about the same price as a significantly inferior jewelry store stone.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
this is the one I got (the photographer thought it would be a good idea to stick it in some flowers, not me)

2335332040043813381S500x500Q85.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads