• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much did you pay for your wife's/fiancee's engagement ring?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was happy to leave him to his world.

Fair. I found this exchange fairly hilarious too because I've seen my own version of this.

One of the older gents I shoot with is an ex Fortune 500 CEO. He casually wears a few Langes. Other guys we shoot with mostly Rolex and Panerai. They have no idea what a Lange is, and he never talks about it when they watch brag.

One would think the fact he casually shoots with a custom shotgun in the 60k range would clue them in that his watch is probably "nice" but they seem oblivious.

Reactions: RSS

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... he casually shoots with a custom shotgun ...
I shoot with an English made double barrel break action that was made for my grandfather in the 40's. Few at my gun club say anything ... of course one does have to get damn close to see the maker. Fortunately here in the country we can set up and shoot on the back lawn. There are no more not-so-prying eyes.

My nephew was there this weekend. He hit 50 out of 50. I got 42 out of 50. The gun goes to him in a few years.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shoot with an English made double barrel break action that was made for my grandfather in the 40's. Few at my gun club say anything ... of course one does have to get damn close to see the maker. Fortunately here in the country we can set up and shoot on the back lawn. There are no more not-so-prying eyes.

My nephew was there this weekend. He hit 50 out of 50. I got 42 out of 50. The gun goes to him in a few years.

I am a mere pleab with my Browning. He has a couple Holland and Hollands, though he rarely shoots with them. He mostly shoots with a K80.

50/50 is amazing. My best day is maybe like....81 / 100. Some of the older guys occasionally shoot from the hip to show off lol.

• Haha
Reactions: RSS

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good gun!

I was given a Browning when I was a teen. It's still my favorite.

Nice. I grew up in the "all guns are bad" crowd. Still can't get my dad to even go out and shoot some clays.

I acrually quite like my Sporting. I've shot a number of Perazzis, Berettas, CG, Blasers that cost 3-4x as much and that i like a lot less.

I would like a Krieghoff (or 3) some day, but thst may have to wait till after college tuition for the kid lol.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. I grew up in the "all guns are bad" crowd. Still can't get my dad to even go out and shoot some clays.
I'm the first generation to limit my shooting to clays. But my father gave up hunting when he killed a duck and the mate came back for it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I got engaged my FIL gave me a diamond ring. He later confessed he hates it and it was given to him by his FIL when he got married and he wanted it gone.

Neither of us has worn it. Its hideous.

Some pieces of jewelry were just made for the jewelry box ... never to see the light of day. I have a college ring. I wore it the day of my graduation and that was it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads