• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How much did you pay for your wife's/fiancee's engagement ring?

perkyscalling

Reaction score
I'm saving up right now, and have a question. How many months of savings would you say is average before getting the ring? Looking for advice on a savings/payment schedule. Retail has me broke all the damn time :brick:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never bought one and she never asked for one, but she is Swedish, so she is sort of normal when it comes to female gender.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading this thread I realize I lucked out more than I thought. I'm currently shopping for a girl with quite small hands and honestly anything over .5ct is uncomfortable for her to wear. I can't imagine spending more than 3.5k on an engagement ring, both of us would rather that money go into a house.
Fucking truth my brother. I paid 5K. Remember it;s what you can afford. I'm facing this as well. We're also looking at a house

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am making the plunge. What do people use as a reference for approximate "market value" price?

I have been doing my comparison shopping with BlueNile, Whiteflash, and James Allen. I also LOL and visited the Cartier store in Paris with my girlfriend. A 1.6 CT round with halo was running around 50k after the conversion...

MFisc

Reaction score
Remember it;s what you can afford.
Exactly, besides if girl will pull out loupe from here purse and seek info how much it cost when she sees ring, insted of screaming YEEES - then thats wrong girl guys. Thats why I bought my fiance lab created diamond ring for less then 1,5k she knows its not natural diamond but she loves cuz its looks like and she doesn't need diamond she would be pleased even for plastic ring cuz all she cares is PROPOSAL.
Goodluck guys !

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.