• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much did you pay for your wife's/fiancee's engagement ring?

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife does not care about shiny things and that is one more reason to be with her.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

joshuadowen

Reaction score
1500, got a custom designed artisnal ring from todd pownell.

This is really beautiful. It echoes what I said earlier about finding a ring with some artistic value, and not just a big-ass stone in a boring setting.

mrmax

Reaction score
My wife also doesnt care for bling, so I got her a 5 carat for our wedding. God bless her for not giving a ****.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My wife also doesnt care for bling, so I got her a 5 carat for our wedding. God bless her for not giving a ****.

5 TCW, right LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
My advice is to get to the diamond district and cut out one layer of the transaction. Also, I feel it should go without needing to be said but do your research and negotiate! If possible do the purchase in cash and you can save a lot if you have planned thoughtfully.

For the record -1 emerald at 1.26 carats vs1 and two trapezoid .88 set in a custom platinum setting (completely off of Tiffany's website). Grand total $12,500 for the ring and engagement weekend away.

This ain't Brewster's Millions - don't be foolish by going to Tiffany's, even if your father/grandfather has the money.

Cheers boys.

mrmax

Reaction score
Apologies gents. After now reading the entire thread my post is clearly out of place.

Let's just go ahead and say it was a CZ.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blah blah *humblebrag* blah blah

You could have posted just the size/cost and wouldn't have garnered the same reaction.

mrmax

Reaction score
5 carat. Approx $200k. Don't remember the Color but it is IF.
This was in 2002. Prices are higher now.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

5 carat. Approx $200k. Don't remember the Color but it is IF.
This was in 2012. Prices are higher now.

2012?

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Find a local jeweler. Give them a budget. Don't go to a mall. I got a phenomenonal deal, got to design part of it and even got to set the main stone! All for probably 1-2k cheaper than the same thing would have been at the mall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads