• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many wearing before you launder your...

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
.. Your socks, undershirts, dress shirts.

Maybe a silly thread, but I was wondering about how some people go about the frequency of their wearings.

I generally wear a new undershirt and socks everyday and throw it in the hamper. My father however will not wash his socks and undershirts unless they've been worn twice to minimize shrinking and help last longer.
I wash my dress shirts after 2 wearings.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProfessorShak
.. Your socks, undershirts, dress shirts.

Maybe a silly thread, but I was wondering about how some people go about the frequency of their wearings.

I generally wear a new undershirt and socks everyday and throw it in the hamper. My father however will not wash his socks and undershirts unless they've been worn twice to minimize shrinking and help last longer.
I wash my dress shirts after 2 wearings.

I really don't care if this sounds offensive, but your pops is gross.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every wear gets a wash for everything but pants.

Hany

Reaction score
I change socks and underwear as much as possible. Usually once a day but sometimes 2 & even 3.

larsrindsig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hany
I change socks and underwear as much as possible. Usually once a day but sometimes 2 & even 3.

I tend to just wipe my arse properly, thus cutting significantly back on the number of times i need to change my underpants over the course of any single day. One is generally sufficient (althoug I grant you that anything less than daily is not good).

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mine are laundered after each wear.

starcrash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hany
Do you ever feel the urge to wash your hands with bleach? Just curious.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Undershirts, socks, daily. Anything less is ridiculous. Shirts get above half a dozen.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Undershirts, socks, daily. Anything less is ridiculous. Shirts get above half a dozen.
Half a dozen before you wash them? Disgusting.

rob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by starcrash

Chris Farley, reincarnated.

mcmillin

Reaction score
The only thing I don't wash after each and every time they are worn is denim...and even that if i've been in a smokey environment...

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by starcrash
LOL I do wash my hands at EVERY occasion I get...come to think about it I'm a bit OCD. That and perhaps the fact that I don't personally do the laundry.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung

Six times for shirts is also ridiculous
eek.gif

Imperator

Reaction score
Underwear/socks/shirts - once
Pants - depends on whether they're wool or cotton, how hot it was when I wore them, what I did, etc. Generally every 3-4 wears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads