• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many wear toes socks?

creat3cp

Reaction score
laugh.gif

To me wearing those toe socks is really a headache. does it really prevent smelly feets? I secretly threw them away.....dnt tell my wif...
tounge.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"As you can see from this photo, I wear mine all the time." what a coincidence. so do i!
Toesocks.med.jpg

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
"As you can see from this photo, I wear mine all the time."

what a coincidence. so do i!

Toesocks.med.jpg

I S*** you not, I have the same pair, given as a gift, which I received at an outdoor party where we were drinking Mexican beer. I had to look at this picture a few times to make sure I was not related to anyone in the shot. [They have yet to be worn other than that night.]

BTW - They were referred to, at the time, as Businessman Toe Socks, and I was told that Koreans are wild about them.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
I S*** you not, I have the same pair, given as a gift, which I received at an outdoor party where we were drinking Mexican beer. I had to look at this picture a few times to make sure I was not related to anyone in the shot. [They have yet to be worn other than that night.]

BTW - They were referred to, at the time, as Businessman Toe Socks, and I was told that Koreans are wild about them.

that is ONE scary s*** of a story!
laugh.gif

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession

Businessman Toe Socks: Textbook example of inherent contradiction.

Koreans are wild about them: Why does this not surprise me?
Perhaps they would pay a steep premium for a genuine used pair.
devil.gif

twblalock

Reaction score
Bonus points if you figure out how to sell them from a streetside vending machine...

wheelerray

Reaction score
Perfectly appropriate for the medical profession, e.g., Dr. Seuss.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Koreans are wild about them: Why does this not surprise me?
Perhaps they would pay a steep premium for a genuine used pair.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by sygyzy
You all seem to be confusing Japanese with Korean.

A student of mine who was supposed to be doing some research -- but was instead screwing around -- beckoned for me to come over to his computer. Much to has chagrin, he had somehow stumbled upon a great many listings for used socks on eBay. These were obviously for fetishists: descriptions like "used filthy sweat sock, guaranteed unwashed!" were rampant. Most of the socks were singles or mismatched sets. Most (but not all) of the bidders were Japanese, Korean, or confidential.

I have not since looked for such a thing on eBay. The RLPL thong and the Sulka swimming shorts were disturbing enough.

EDIT: The fact that this student was a Saudi -- and one from the extremely conservative city of Ryyad at that -- made the entire situation even funnier or more uncomfortable, depending on your point of view.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads