1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many suits do you own?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CTLION, Nov 5, 2013.

1. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Flannel is awesome. Only drawback to it is that it is truly seasonal IMO (i.e. I think it looks wrong in the summer even if the weather is cool enough), while a heavier worsted can be more versatile. But then flannel is awesome.

2. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

13 suits and 2 sportscoats

3. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I had to think about this for a while because most of my suits are currently in storage back home in Canada while I am in Japan for the year. It will seem like an odd collection to some - but I actually wear all of these regularly. 10 in total...

3 x solid wool suits:
    • Daks dark grey midweight pinstripe worsted SB 2-piece
    • Peacock & Sons vintage mid grey lightweight SB 3-piece
    • Peacock & Sons vintage airforce blue lightweight DB 3-piece
    3 x midweight glen check SB 2-piece suits:
    • Salvatore Ferragamo dark grey flannel (courtesy of Holdfast!)
    • vintage blue-grey worsted
    • Aquascutum olive-brown worsted
    2 x tweed suits:
    • Walker Slater MTM heavyweight blue/purple Dashing Tweeds SB 3-piece
    • Avon House midweight Moon grey barleycorn SB 3-piece
    1 x Prada black velvet cord SB 2-piece
    1 x Isaia lightweight blue and white cotton-linen SB 2-piece

I also have a set of Old Town heavyweight charcoal Harris Tweed separates (SB jacket, waistcoat, trousers) which can be worn as a casual workingman's suit, although I generally don't as the jacket is too big for me and I will be selling it next year.

Next up is probably going to be an OTR tan cord SB 2 or 3-piece casual (and separable) suit (classic professor stuff!) and an MTM nailhead navy blue 2-piece. I also have the fabric for the following bespoke possibilities: a fancy brown tweed 2-piece, a navy blue linen 2-piece and a blue cashmere herringbone 2-piece.

4. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

More of a sport coat guy, I am. Six suits, 20 sport coats.