• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many shirts do you own?

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
trust me, its hard.. especially when 80% or more of my sportcoats have strong patterns.. I have had many, many flaming fails on WAYWRN to prove how difficult it is.. lol

This, more than anything else, is why I keep both the number and patterns/colors limited.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 (two BoO and one JTG), and I will have two custom (bespoke) in a few months.

madaboutshirt

Reaction score
Dress shirts? Probably 75 to 80 or so.. I have pics somewhere that I posted in one of those "give me ideas for my closet" threads..

Found em'

sh4xo7.jpg

sh3qg8.jpg

Nice collection! I'm drooling all over my desk.
tounge.gif

Where did you get those wooden hangers? They look great. I've been trying to source some, but all I can find are the crappy ones from Ikea and Woolworths.

madaboutshirt

Reaction score

Irv

Reaction score
Dress shirts? Probably 75 to 80 or so.. I have pics somewhere that I posted in one of those "give me ideas for my closet" threads..

Found em'

sh4xo7.jpg

sh3qg8.jpg

Great job.... that even puts my wife's collection of clothing to shame!
worship.gif

Hate to see your shoe collection (although I can already see a few in the pic!)

nordicstyle

Reaction score
trust me, its hard.. especially when 80% or more of my sportcoats have strong patterns.. I have had many, many flaming fails on WAYWRN to prove how difficult it is.. lol

This is why I stick to the basics, for now. Plain solids and solids with simple stripes. I think color combination is hard enough, I don't want to add patterns to the equation. Maybe, some day...

sirilucky

Reaction score
About 20 - 25 of which 10 are the once i regularly use. nothing extraordinary but attaractive because of selection :p
smile.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I've got 23 shirts in my regular rotation:

1. 10 OCBDs (5 sold blue, 5 blue striped)

2. 12 spread collar, French cuff blue shirts (6 sold blue twill, 2 light blue striped poplin, 2 dark blue striped twill, 2 light blue checked poplin)

3. 1 spread collar, French cuff white poplin shirt.

Mafoo,

Your totally right when it comes to light to medium blue. It works the best with my colour palette as well.

My dress shirt wardrobe will be similar.

To the OP:

Sator is right, please go see either:

Ethan Newton, Head Tailor, Herringbone

OR

Charles Nakhle, Bespoke Shirtmaker

Both in Sydney.

You will not regret it.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
This, more than anything else, is why I keep both the number and patterns/colors limited.

But for me, half the fun of clothing is pulling something off.. There's risk, but as a greekonomist, you obviously understand that without risk there can be no return..

Originally Posted by madaboutshirt
Nice collection! I'm drooling all over my desk.
tounge.gif

Where did you get those wooden hangers? They look great. I've been trying to source some, but all I can find are the crappy ones from Ikea and Woolworths.

Wooden hangers are actually one of Target's best kept secrets.. I think they are something like $4 for 3 or something like that..

Originally Posted by Irv
Great job.... that even puts my wife's collection of clothing to shame!
worship.gif

Hate to see your shoe collection (although I can already see a few in the pic!)

My shoe collection is actually pretty sane by SF standards.. I have about 50 pairs of dress shoes, and probably something like 25 pairs of casual shoes (excluding running shoes).. I probably cycle 4 or 5 shirts per quarter (i.e. donate and replace with new), so I have held pretty close to 75 or so.. A bunch were at the laundry when I snapped those pics, I may try to get better pics tonight..

arvidg

Reaction score
Looks like I have about 60 shirts, some of which even fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads