• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many shirts do you own?

PASstudy

Reaction score
Due to some recent purchases, the count stands @ 24. Don't wear suits much to work, but I have to wear a white coat, so my shirts get to be more busy, pattern wise.

Most are dress shirts, but ~ 5 are button down collar/casual wear, 2 are French cuff formal shirts.

bradp

Reaction score
These days I don't wear a lot of suits/sport coats
when i dont wear a suit or SC, i always wear a BD collar. I have 5 or 6 in different materials and weights with one MTO individualized shirt incoming, but feel like I can never have too many.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Not buying any more shirts this year with my collection of 15 shirts

When my 4 Thomas pink shirts wear out, I'm hoping to replace them with better quality/fit shirts, maybe bespoke.

My boyfriend might buy me a shirt for Christmas, but as he's offered to pay a bit towards my Lobb boots, it's pretty unlikely.

I've broken up with him, but 15 shirts are ample for rotation

When I wear out the 4 Thomas Pink shirts I bought in July 2014, I might think about adding some more...
1f431.png

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 60 collared shirts, of which about 20 are made by Proper Cloth. Some 10 or so are white, another 10 are blue. The rest are a mixture of various colors and patterns. I have 3 "tuxedo" shirts, all marcella fronts. I also have around 30 Tommy Bahama/Nat Nast style shirts for island wear.

Some of my shirts are approaching 25 years old and nearing retirement age. Hence the recent influx of shirts from Proper Cloth.

dredwings19

Reaction score
chijen you inspired me to actually take a look at what I have to some degree. So here it is:

Isaia- 111
Kiton- 45
Borrelli- 9
Truzzi- 6
Fray- 5 (I don't like the NM version with the flaps on the bottom of the shirt
RLPL-6
Finamore- 2
Marol- 1

I have sold a lot of stuff and plan on eventually getting rid of more shirts as my wife thinks I have too many.

I think everything going forward will be bespoke or MTM as I have specific needs verses catching something at a good price.

chijen, your Charvet collection is very impressive.
So you've spent over $23k on shirts :O holy crap lol

Porkpie

Reaction score
Not really. In an earlier part of this thread I mentioned that I rarely have paid regular price for any of them except some MTM. I know when to shop and when the price is right. When it's right I may buy 10-20 at a time. That's all. I have sold several shirts as I don't wear them enough, but I still have a nice collection. I have also given a way a ton also just to be a blessing.

Everyone has their vices, mine happens to be shirts (one of them anyway). I have friends that have more shirts than I do. It's not madness or OCD (responding to previous post) it's just one of my things I like.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Not really. In an earlier part of this thread I mentioned that I rarely have paid regular price for any of them except some MTM. I know when to shop and when the price is right. When it's right I may buy 10-20 at a time. That's all. I have sold several shirts as I don't wear them enough, but I still have a nice collection. I have also given a way a ton also just to be a blessing.

Everyone has their vices, mine happens to be shirts (one of them anyway). I have friends that have more shirts than I do. It's not madness or OCD (responding to previous post) it's just one of my things I like.

I like shirts too - collected up to 75- crazy, so now I just have 15, that i like
1f431.png

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I like shirts too - collected up to 75- crazy, so now I just have 15, that i like
1f431.png

Just ordered no 16, but used a voucher to buy my Thomas Mason blue tuxedo shirt::slayer:

Galix

Reaction score
Around 25. Half of them spring / summer and the other half fall / winter.
The difference between them are pretty much color and not so much thickness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads