• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many shirts do you own?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

6 bespoke /6 rtw but I tend to wear the older rtw ones as pyjama tops as well

Not sure whether to buy a bundle of rtw or a few bespoke and try a new Shirtmaker...

Rtw much cheaper but don't last that long as they shrink or the cuffs go..

Found bargains at Thomas Pink Sale!

Ordered 4 shirts

Now total count is 16 which is much better:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ideally I'd like another 4 bespoke shirts, bringing me a to a total of 20 :)

Last edited:

powerkicker

Reaction score
About 20 dress shirts. 4 whites, 4 blues, the rest are a mix of checks, stripes and bolder colored solids.

smartie-pants

Reaction score
My collection @ 40+

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My collection @ 40+

Looks great, all neatly pressed hanging like that - it's exactly how I store my 16 shirts!

I'm hoping in the autumn to add 4 more bespoke shirts, but I prefer summer shirtings so may wait until next spring

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from my daughter who is staying at my place in New York. She found buried in a closet an unopened shipment from Turbull & Asser post marked 1998 which contains a dozen brand new shirts. :embar:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I just got a call from my daughter who is staying at my place in New York. She found buried in a closet an unopened shipment from Turbull & Asser post marked 1998 which contains a dozen brand new shirts. :embar:

Oh wow - you lucky thing!

Bespoke or rtw?

More importantly, do they still fit you?!

I think I'm going to hang on for 4 new shirts until next spring, as 16 shirts is enough to get me through the winter:)

Today I'm wearing a greatly reduced (£79-£29) Thomas Pink pink end on end shirt, but I would like 4 more bespoke shirts, which I can't manage this year :-(

I love going through fabric swatches but it's an expensive hobby!:)

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh wow - you lucky thing!

Bespoke or rtw?

More importantly, do they still fit you?!
They are bespoke and should fit as I occasionally wear others from that era. They are all stripes, which I don't wear much these days. My daughter said that she would take them if I don't want them.

Those shirts reminded me of the bespoke process that the T&A NYC store used back then. They would measure you, make a pattern from the measurements and then fax the pattern to London where the shirts were then made.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

They are bespoke and should fit as I occasionally wear others from that era. They are all stripes, which I don't wear much these days. My daughter said that she would take them if I don't want them.

Those shirts reminded me of the bespoke process that the T&A NYC store used back then. They would measure you, make a pattern from the measurements and then fax the pattern to London where the shirts were then made.

All bespoke?

Your collection must be worth enough to buy a small car!:)!

Unless I love something in the AW collection, I'm sticking at 16 shirts ATM!

Last edited:

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All bespoke?

Your collection must be worth enough to buy a small car!:)!
My shirt fetish can be traced back to the shirt scene in 'The Great Gatsby' which I saw as a kid.

"I've got a man in England who buys me clothes".

Reynolds

Reaction score
Just a tidy amount at the moment.

x3 Isaia
x1 Paul Smith
x2 Borelli
3-4 other, uninteresting brands.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just a tidy amount at the moment.

x3 Isaia
x1 Paul Smith
x2 Borelli
3-4 other, uninteresting brands.

I couldn't manage with just 10 shirts!!!
Ideally I'd like another 4 bespoke shirts, bringing me a to a total of 20 :)

I've decided to stick to 16 shirts, as 4 bespoke shirts cost more than my need for them does!
So on the back burner for a bit:)
My shirt fetish can be traced back to the shirt scene in 'The Great Gatsby' which I saw as a kid.

"I've got a man in England who buys me clothes".

Even I'm not THAT shirt mad!!!

Porkpie

Reaction score
This thread has made me feel or should I say realize I have a shirt problem. I have about 50 Kiton shirts and another 50 Isaia shirts alone. Sprinkled in are Borrelli, Fray, Truzzi, Lorenzini, RLPL, and Finnamore. I own 1 Marol shirt also.

Porkpie

Reaction score
Not so my friend. I'm not crazy. I may not post on SF much but I do read and understand the value of bespoke. I just know where and when to shop. I have only paid more than $350 for any of my Kiton shirts and that was a must have. I've purchased at least 20 Kiton shirts from Lance@VCH alone. $350 is probably the max I would pay for an RTW shirt regardless to the maker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads