• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many shirts do you own?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just counted what I have. Have 38 used bespoke shirts, out of which I only wear 10-5 on a frequent basis. Realised that the majority are in some shade of blue and a few are identifical iterations of each other. 12 unworn and still in their wrappers. I have very few RTW shirts because it's hard to get a good fit with OTR shirts -- Have 17 OCBDs, gingham, checked RTW shirts.

18 lengths of unfunded liabilities.

I also have unworn shirts - but they get worn eventually!

When I get new bespoke shirts, they either get lived in immediately, or they go in the queue - I have a very small rotation, but my closet looks nice - pink, white, mainly light blue.

My oldest Anna shirt is fit for the bin, it's actually ripped, but I wear it in bed.

It can go when Simona makes the 2 I've got on order from her, to that great wardrobe in the sky!

I also have very few rtw shirts...:)

blackbowtie

Reaction score
I see a lot of references to Anna Mattuozzo shirts falling apart in this thread. How much wear of you get out of them? How many years did they last?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I see a lot of references to Anna Mattuozzo shirts falling apart in this thread. How much wear of you get out of them? How many years did they last?

It's the same shirt!

I can't bear to part with it!

I've only worn out 3 of her shirts

2-300 wears each easily for a Carlo a Riva, DJA don't know yet

Don't worry, I live in them , hardly rotate, they're almost indestructible

Worth every €€€ and more

Anna even found me a doctor in. Naples!

These are treasures!!:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I counted about 40 a couple of months ago.

Lucky you, I Finally pensioned off my Anna shirt, moved on to my next bespoke shirt (I rotate rtw and bespoke), but I'm down to a dozen including my 2 new ordered Anna ones which are on order - not that I need more than that....I just like them.

Currently sporting my last remaining Sean O'Flynn shirt (bought about 2 years ago)

Jeans are Naked and Famous Glow in the Dark, a bit loose in the thighs and top block, but I'm feeling queasy from the meds so it's more comfortable.:)

So sad to see the Anna shirt worn out - at least I've still got 3, plus another 2 on order...

Next year I won't order much bespoke in the way of shirts because I've got my next Lobb boots to bankroll:)

Btw the Sean shirt is worn over 2 ski weight thermal vests, as I feel the cold, that's why it looks a bit top heavy!!!

Last edited:

Reaction score
Around 300. Nothing bespoke; but otherwise Brooks, Mercer, Lorenzini, Borrelli, Kiton, Barbera, Gianni Vasta, Charvet, RLPL, etc.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Around 300. Nothing bespoke; but otherwise Brooks, Mercer, Lorenzini, Borrelli, Kiton, Barbera, Gianni Vasta, Charvet, RLPL, etc.

Lucky you - those are still good shirts!!

I'd give anything to have that many Anna shirts- I'd just look at them all day:)

sebastianwr

Reaction score
I've got 23 shirts in my regular rotation:

1. 10 OCBDs (5 sold blue, 5 blue striped)

2. 12 spread collar, French cuff blue shirts (6 sold blue twill, 2 light blue striped poplin, 2 dark blue striped twill, 2 light blue checked poplin)

3. 1 spread collar, French cuff white poplin shirt.
That is indeed a pretty nice collection. Would put that in every beginner's guide.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Lucky you - shirts are an expensive luxury!

Although I didn't need them I ordered 2 more from Anna, because of the amazing shirting, and I've got one of hers that I must have worn about 500 times at least, on the verge of collapse..

I follow the première vision shirting reviews, and the shirtings get better and better!!!

I wish I had my life's haul, as there are so many things I need/want, but I'm still shirts shopping- maybe I'll take a year off shirts next year - a few of Anna's shirts =1/2 pair Lobb boots or a nice leather biker!!!
smile.gif
I spoke to the gentleman who owns Ratio Clothing and he spoke briefly of Premiere Vision. Where do you find the reviews from there? or are you attending the Paris event?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I spoke to the gentleman who owns Ratio Clothing and he spoke briefly of Premiere Vision. Where do you find the reviews from there? or are you attending the Paris event?

I just google it, find the dates of the shows, and read about the textiles and fabrics afterwards,

The shirtings for SS2015(!) are next month...:)

Reaction score

How many of them do you actually wear?

All of them. Some maybe only once a year. But others, like the Brooks and Mercer shirts (which are cheaper and more easily replaced), get regular use. I like everything I own, so I baby a fair number which would be very hard or impossible to replace. With so many however, wear slows down.

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

All of them. Some maybe only once a year. But others, like the Brooks and Mercer shirts (which are cheaper and more easily replaced), get regular use. I like everything I own, so I baby a fair number which would be very hard or impossible to replace. With so many however, wear slows down.

I baby my bespoke shirts, but just "wear" the others

How often do you buy new everyday or special shirts, would you say??:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads