1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many pull-ups/push-ups did you do today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Mandrake9072, Aug 17, 2011.

1. DJackson

DJackson Well-Known Member

About the pull ups, have you been following a particular schedule different from the Evil Russian push ups? Or are you doing the same intensities & schedule with pull ups as you did with push ups?

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

Same schedule, just a different number of reps since I can't do as many pullups as pushups. When the timer went off I would do pushups/pullups, then the next time around I would do wide pushups/chinups, alternating throughout the day.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  3. DJackson

DJackson Well-Known Member

Haha push ups in the office I can get away with. Pull ups will take some balls. Ah well I bought the most travel friendly bar for pull ups I could find so setting up in the office break room doorway is imminent. Failure will either be in the hands of my own resolve or some obscure HR policy.

4. gateslion

gateslion Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would definitely change that up if you are trying to gain size. Doing sets of less than failure several times per day is a great way to increase performance ability, but its not geared towards mass.

If you want to gain mass, your best best is an 8-12 rep range and going to failure. Back is a large muscle group, so for that type of workout, if you are pushing yourself to the level you really need to be to cause serious uscle growth, you need more than one day's rest.

I do a full on BB bodypart split so I only hit back once per week, but I'd say MAYBE you could hit it hard twice per week at most. (depending on how you want to set up your split).

5. gateslion

gateslion Well-Known Member

On another note, yeah, Pavel is a fucking beast.

6. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Heard about it.. may try it out at some point for pull-ups. I'm actually trying out SimpleFit atm:

http://www.simplefit.org

Did 50 pull-ups (Half of them wide grip and the other half with parallel grip), 100 knuckle-ups, and 150 bw squats yesterday in 20 minutes.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011