1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many pieces of outerwear do you own?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Distorbiant, Jun 29, 2014.

1. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Senior member

Sweaters and middle layers included I have

2x jcrew summer sweaters
    1x levis commuter
    1x slim levis trucker
    2x jcrew wool sweaters

I also have the following that I bought EOS and doesn't fit so now I have to sell
    2x woolovers Aran
    1x timberland IDR what massive jacket

That said, I am in the middle of revamping my wardrobe and would like to end up with a 5x5 (or close) wardrobe. Categories I'm using are outerlayer, midlayer, shirt, pants, shoes, but I think I am going to count F/W and S/S separately for the shirts.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

If you lived in cold, wet England you'd need more coats than that!!!

I don't wear sweaters but I have 8 assorted coats and jackets, am trying not to buy more until any wear out:)

3. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Senior member

Haha.

Haha. My jacket game seriously needs to improve. Currently I'm trying to move to a 5x5 (or close) wardrobe. My current jacket plans are the RgT waxed canvas, an IH blanket rider (if I can justify that much). I think I may want to add a wool coat to that but Idk for sure. Then my plan for the middle layers are, a dark grey Aran, some super thick sweater (maybe loopwheel but maybe not), loomstate denim jacket (looking at the MF rancher blouse lot 64 pretty hard), wool overshirt (I'm pretty set on the danner x woolrich), and some form of light zip up hoodie. I think that where I'll be pretty set at

4. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Great!

Once you've kopped them all, you should be set for quite a while!

5. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Senior member

That's the plan! I'm hoping to cop all of them by next summer but we will see just how realistic that is

6. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I hope you get everything on your list - the problem is you then find another area of your wardrobe needs updating!

Good luck in hunting out your outerwear - don't forget to post them in recent purchases!!!:)

7. LALurker

LALurker Senior member

Bump.

I'm a sucker of big heavy of outwear. Living in SoCal but I like buying those.

8. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Senior member

haha. Even living somewhere with 0-20 deg winters, I dont actualy own anything thick. I would much rather layer a wool sweater over a flannel under my outerwear (waxed cavas of some sort typically) than just have one massive jacket I can only manage one layer underneath. So far the only day I have been cold was when I fell in the snow and it went down my pants (2/10 do not recommend btw).

All this said, Here is my current true outerwear

Apolis USMC (this season)
    Levis commuter (waxed)
    IH-blanket lined rider (probably going to sell)
    old pea coat from idk where, but probably 20oz.