1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOW MANY PIECES OF CLOTHING DO YOU OWN?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Hirsh, Nov 3, 2013.

1. alexvlad

alexvlad Member

I won't count, but I will give you an idea. If I just counted my trousers that I only wear on the golf course I have 52 pairs. Not an exaggeration. I also own at least 10 pairs of golf shoes mostly wingtips(like cuban habanos). And that's just golf...but hey I am a nut and like to look good on and off the course.

2. clarkyin

clarkyin Well-Known Member

1suit
    2 jeans
    3 blazer
    3 trouser
    1 chino
    2 suspenders
    2 belts
    1 watch
    4 dress shirts
    2 casual
    2 french cuff dress
    2 cardigan
    2 sweater
    1 coat
    1 leather jacket
    1 raincoat
    2 shell cordovan (navy whole cut singlestrap from carmina, alden shell cordovan captoe boot)
    1 calf monkstrap
    (some more i probably forgot to mention)

3. CTLION

CTLION Senior member

I am impressed with the minimalist approach though, I am afraid I can't walk down that path.
    I wear a suit every day to work so I own 11 suits (not including my tuxedo) after I gave my brother 4 suits that I don't wear anymore. I am certainly not done with adding suits and suspect I will end up with around 15-18 when I am done. I also have 20+ dress shirts but must admit that I wear 5-6 of them 80% of the time. For dress shoes for work I have 5 pairs, two black, two brown and one that is a two toned brown and cream wing tip that I wear with my khaki suit.

When I am not working 99% of the time you can catch me in a pair of khaki shorts with a long sleeve button down shirt untucked with the sleeves rolled up. I live in Florida so that is kind of my day to day look when I am not at the office.

I don't really see myself buying anything but dress clothes in the near future.

4. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I uh, plead the 5th. Not as many items as some on this forum, but, uh... :embar:

Hey, I like variety. What can I say?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  5. ChandlerBing12

ChandlerBing12 Active Member

I used to be a hoarder because I thought having a lot of clothes was cool. What I didn't realize is that I was buying pieces for their brand name without knowing if they fit me correctly. As I have got older, I have started to add classic pieces that will be versatile with the fit being the most important thing. I am now more picky with my selections and have switched to MTM for my dress and casual shirts. It's a work in process, but I think I have it down better than many people my age (Senior in college).

6. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Currently up to 36 pieces, but with a long shopping list..some for this winter!:

8 various coats and jackets-would like my Holy Grail Biker to finish collection
    2 navy cashmere sweaters- pick up cat fur so not really worn:-(
    15 shirts- more to be ordered
    11 jeans- but a long wishlist so hopefully more soon

Plus my shoes:

La Senza pink house slippers for when I'm in hospital
    Fitflops for slippers(3 pairs)
    Black nubuck Sketchers for casual(2 pairs)
    Gaziano and Girling MTO Oxford brogues - worn regularly
    John Lobb bespoke black mid box ankle boots
    John Lobb bespoke navy Madeira calf ankle boots (being made ATM):)

My wardrobe is ever evolving, as I have small rotations of clothes on a daily basis until they wear out, them I buy more!:)

7. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Now up to 43 pieces, and promised a shopping trip next week when my boyfriend gets paid!!!

Hoping for a new parka, as my old one was bought in 1998, it's the oldest piece of clothing I own, and I'd like to update it...my next oldest piece is from 2008, so hopefully I'll be able to update my wardrobe..

Currently

8 assorted coats and jackets

5 navy jumpers

15 shirts

15 pairs of jeans:D

8. alexvlad

alexvlad Member

I think I have 35 dress shirts. Your mentality is acceptable but my mentality is and i am pretty sure groupthink of SF is to purchase things that are staples so you have a healthy rotation of items whether its shirts, shoes, trousers, etc. Visit this site Vipcubancigars