1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many people are on your Ignore list?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gdl203, Feb 19, 2010.

1. BP348

BP348 Senior member

FTFY.

What exactly does the above mean?

I haven't been here long enough to ignore anyone and honestly I don't even know how to put someon on ignore if I wanted too.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

What exactly does the above mean?

I haven't been here long enough to ignore anyone and honestly I don't even know how to put someon on ignore if I wanted too.

Fixed That For You.

Probably my favorite internet thing.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

Really? I put Ramses on ignore when he started crapping up the appreciation threads with suicide girls - and ugly ones, at that.

Then I put jinda on ignore when he started carpet-bombing the Asian Beauty threads with building-sized jpegs, it was either ignore him or scroll for hours past gaping asian nostrils the size of cantaloupes.

Nope. The couple of times I've come close have generally been the really obvious, noisy trolls (e.g. AT4A2M, etc.). I've never followed through with ignoring any of them because I found out I'm really good at trolling those types of trolls, and the amusement that discovery provided has made it worth not ignoring them.

There have also been others along the way who almost made my list after random spats. This is usually when I encounter someone I don't often see, or have never seen before, only to end up in a flame war when I do come across them. None of these people have actually made it, though, given I usually forget about them long before I think to add them to my ignore list.

FWIW, I don't spend much time in the appreciation threads, owing largely to the fact that they're NSFW, so I've never encountered any problems with posters in those threads.

4. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

FTFY.

No, you didn't. Nice supplement, however, I'd forgotten that one.

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

4 total, 2 current.

6. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

Styleforum has an ignore list?

7. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Two people. Not because they are particularly annoying, they are just very weird.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

[​IMG]
    Goddamnit.

eh, go play with your petit Syrah. [​IMG]

9. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

Only person I ignored is Jet. I was never really offended with what he had to say, he just generally never made a worthwhile contribution to anything in any of his posts and his snarks are really weak and unfunny. There is a button that lets you just view a single post by a person on your ignore without taking them off the list and I click it to view his post many times in hopes that he can be a smartass sucessfully, but am always left wondering why I always fall for it and think he has some use.

10. javyn

javyn Senior member

No one. I enjoy reading from the people I disagree with most of all.

11. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I don't have many--5 I think. Three are on the Ignore List because they post too often and I got tired of seeing their posts. It makes it easier to read SF. The others have probably been banned.

b

12. Coburn

Coburn Senior member

gdl203 never posts in my threads.
    I can't tell if I'm on his ignore list or I'm being snubbed as a social inferior.

BTW, what happened to gdl1 to gdl202? Were they recalled by the Tyrell corporation?

13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

gdl203 never posts in my threads.
    I can't tell if I'm on his ignore list or I'm being snubbed as a social inferior.

I apologize for this. I did vote in your recent poll but have no idea who Eric Bogdosian is or what kind of suit he wears.... [​IMG]

BTW, what happened to gdl1 to gdl202? Were they recalled by the Tyrell corporation?

I would like to know as well. All I know is that I am 203. That's all they told me.

14. Coburn

Coburn Senior member

I apologize for this. I did vote in your recent poll but have no idea who Eric Bogdosian is or what kind of suit he wears.... [​IMG]

I would like to know as well. All I know is that I am 203. That's all they told me.

"...Eric Bogdosian is or what kind of suit he wears..."

Jeebus, you have machine-like memory -- I barely remember posting that.

The 203 model is top of the line cyborg!!!

15. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

No one on mine. I find the ones I'm tempted to add usually end up timed out or banned so why bother.

16. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I've never put anyone on my ignore list except edina. And only because he was posting (what I later found out to be fake) spoilers about the Wire to spite me. Didn't work, as people quoted him anyway so I had to read his posts regardless.

17. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I've never put anyone on my ignore list except edina. And only because he was posting (what I later found out to be fake) spoilers about the Wire to spite me. Didn't work, as people quoted him anyway so I had to read his posts regardless.

I remember that!

I put one person on ignore once but I was always tempted to see what he poasted so I just took him off ignore.

18. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I remember that!

I put one person on ignore once but I was always tempted to see what he poasted so I just took him off ignore.

Conne?

19. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Conne?

He lives in a major northeastern city, hates it, and has between 9380 and 9385 poasts ATM.

20. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I had Jinda on for about a year. Just got pissed off at the carpet bombing. But I took him off a few days ago, mostly b/c I just don't read the threads that he carpet bombed, so it doesn't make sense to have him on there.