• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 39 4.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 161 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 319 33.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 152 16.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 80 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

Votes: 53 5.6%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 31 3.3%
  • 61 - 70

Votes: 24 2.5%
  • 71 - 80

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

Votes: 9 0.9%
  • 100+

Votes: 57 6.0%

• Total voters

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds:

Jefferson merlot full brogue oxfords
Bond street mahogany captoe oxfords
Hopkinson black captoe oxfords
Park Avenue black captoe oxfords
Benton brown quarter brogues derby
Strand carbon half brogue oxfords.
Dalton oxblood full brogue derby boots
Hamilton black vegetable tanned half brogue oxford boots
Bradley oxblood cordovan Norwegian split toed derby
Weybridge mocha perforated plain toe oxford
Strand green shell cordovan half-brogues.
Alpine brown waterproof cap-toe boots.

Hanover:

Hanover black cordovan bluchers
Hanover black cordovan long-wing brogues.

Alden:

Oxblood cordovan half brogued oxfords

Mezlan:

Mezlan handmade tan vegetable tannned half brogued oxfords

CNES

Brown-and-white full brogued MTO spectators.

+ several pairs of lesser quality shoes.

Last edited:

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-01 at 4.19.21 PM.jpeg
EG double soled Aberdeen in Midnight Blue

Hamiste

Reaction score
Final count: 518 + lots of sneakers. Here are some of them.
View attachment 1288146
Thank you so much for sharing!!!

I know that thread is already dead and sorry for my post but I'm really happy that it has been created. Thank you for all those who shared and especially to you : drlivingstone. I was wondering if people other than Imelda Marcos had huge collections too and I'm really happy that you do.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I have only one pair of shoes. About 100 individual shoes that I mix and match, though.

LouisDavout

Reaction score
Church's Grafton R derbys in dark brown
Church's Chetwynd oxfords in dark brown
Crockett & Jones Chepstow chukka boot in tan Scotch grain
Berwick black captoe oxfords
Astorflex chocolate suede desert boots

only need some loafers and I'm good for a while

MontyLo

Reaction score
Here’s the current rotation. Not pictured are the AC De Rede’s on my feet, the loake boots drying in the mess room, the EG Suede evening slippers I haven’t received yet, the two pairs of blood tinged hoka sneakers I spend 98% of my life in for work, and my lone pair of white common projects.

9A799672-7A9F-499E-9FD2-8CCA5988CE6D.jpeg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not counting trainers or sneakers: 11

AE
Leiden Longwing Weaves (Walnut)
Delray NST (Black)
Whitney PTB (Black)
Carlyle Plaint Toe Oxfords (Black)
Park Avenue (Oxblood)
McTavish Waxed Suede Wingtips (Dark Brown)
Patton CXL Boots (Dark Brown)

C&J
Boston Loafers (Dk Brown Grain)
Islay Wingtip Boots (Dk Brown Grain)
Molton Chukkas (Dk Brown Roughout)

Misc
A pair of Barney's house label suede plain toe derbies (tan)

fracanzano

Reaction score
not counting sneakers 57, i think: tricker's, sargent, green, chuch's, santoni, jm weston, vass, handmacher, docs, sutor mantelassi, wolverine 1k, bally suisse, alden, dinkelacker, handmade haferls from münchener schuhwerkstätten, waldviertler. finally bought two pairs of suede tod's gommino -- loved how they looked on the website and in the box, hated how they looked on my feet (that square toe, so unshapely), sent them back.

fracanzano

Reaction score
That's too bad. You may want to sell some of your shoes that are in better shape on the bay or other venues.
You could have some cash sitting in your closet.

I also feel that one day I will realize that I've been collecting high quality clothes for no reason...since they all end up unworn in a closet.
i don't put my shoes in a closet in the first place. they're all on racks in my dressing room (not as elegant as it sounds), trees in and in bags, organized by type first and then color. i have favorites, but i do force myself to work through the ranks. also, with 50+ pairs, i find i rarely have to do a thorough clean and polish (much as i should and ideally would want to), which, despite the very many 100s of dollars i've spent on saphir and burgol creams, waxes, cleaners, and crazy-expensive yak-wool brushes, i absolutely hate doing. i do wish i could teach some neighborhood kid how to do it and pay him 10 bucks/pr, but that might be perceived as odd these days...

fracanzano

Reaction score
I currently have over 70 pairs but 2 weeks ago I pulled over 20 pairs to get rid of. I am trying to cut it down to around 40 pairs and maybe lower. Saying that I just received a new pair of boots today and will be placing an order later this week.
for me, it's always a question whether i'll buy that pair of shoes or two (=tricker's, church's, etc) or four (=green, best santonis, vass) bottles of excellent wine to drink in my dotage!

fracanzano

Reaction score
I'm perfectly in the average range of about 15-20 pairs. I haven't bothered to count.

Several pairs of boots, including chelseas; black and brown oxfords; suede mocs; brown and black loafers; brown derbys; and a pair of Converse.
with apologies, reading "chelseas" first, i feel the need to declare myself in the camp of those who believe that no shoe should get within spitting distance of elastic!

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
i don't put my shoes in a closet in the first place. they're all on racks in my dressing room (not as elegant as it sounds), trees in and in bags, organized by type first and then color. i have favorites, but i do force myself to work through the ranks. also, with 50+ pairs, i find i rarely have to do a thorough clean and polish (much as i should and ideally would want to), which, despite the very many 100s of dollars i've spent on saphir and burgol creams, waxes, cleaners, and crazy-expensive yak-wool brushes, i absolutely hate doing. i do wish i could teach some neighborhood kid how to do it and pay him 10 bucks/pr, but that might be perceived as odd these days...

I prefer to buy new shoes rather than to resole old shoes, even John Lobb or Edward Green. Cleaning sucks, but I'll do it to maintain basic standards. I'm moving to a new city, that is worth of my wardrobe and shoe collection. Wear your shoes in good health.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads