1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many pairs of cuflinks do you wear per week?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by creat3cp, May 13, 2006.

1. royal618

royal618 Senior member

For hipper dressing, like a black shirt under a medium grey mohair suit for evenings, i like a more modern approach like these Titanium links.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...itanium&page=1[/quote]

Nice. Since I'm a Scrabble nut, I want to get my initials made in the form of Scrabble tiles in either silver or titanium.

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

What are the names of the different cuff link types, for instance there are the kind with the part that folds , and some are like a ball attached to a ball.

I take it the fold type are considered bad ?

3. royal618

royal618 Senior member

What are the names of the different cuff link types, for instance there are the kind with the part that folds , and some are like a ball attached to a ball.

Not bad, just different, and people have preferences.

4. orbit

orbit New Member

Lately I've been on a hunt for cuff links and I've found a set of fine links.
    They are glass cat's eye with a blue water and sailboat scene.
    They are a bit heavy but look real nice with a white shirt.
    Oh yeah...back to the post. I wear cuff links about 2/3 times a week and have about 20 sets.( A box full grew legs one day and never came back)
    Regards-Steve
    http://www.cufflinks-only.com

5. Anthony Jordan

Anthony Jordan Senior member

5 to 7 most weeks...

Usually I wear links 6 or 7 days a week; a few are old favourite pairs (e.g. plain MoP, sterling silver and lapis lazuli) which might come out twice a week, but often it's a different pair each day.

Anthony.

6. Anthony Jordan

Anthony Jordan Senior member

I call the former "swivel" or "torpedo" links and am not very fond of them, although I have a number of pairs; my favourite type is double-oval, chain link.

7. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

I've got 5 pairs,

My fav sterling silver I very rarely wear out....
    My normal favs(2 pairs), are warn 2-3 times a week...I like wearing cuffs to work, but also like wearing denim (so I alternate between cuffs and denim, lol).

--Wade

8. creat3cp

creat3cp Well-Known Member

anyone knows where to get 'singles' ?

9. drljva

drljva Senior member

10. creat3cp

for Sterling Silver Onyx Cuff Links would it fall off easily since there is no fastener?

hmm,, a unique pair..thanks for your info.

11. drljva

drljva Senior member

for Sterling Silver Onyx Cuff Links would it fall off easily since there is no fastener?

hmm,, a unique pair..thanks for your info.

I have several pairs with a similar design and have never had problems with the links coming undone or falling off.

BTW, I purchased the onyx/silver links posted above and just took delivery of them today -- quite lovely. And quite a deal, too, given that the comparable pair by Udeishi sells for much more.

12. creat3cp

I have several pairs with a similar design and have never had problems with the links coming undone or falling off. BTW, I purchased the onyx/silver links posted above and just took delivery of them today -- quite lovely. And quite a deal, too, given that the comparable pair by Udeishi sells for much more.
    Thanks for your reply. I will purchase one soon. Indeed a pair of unique cufflinks do attract the attention. & thank you for your advice.[​IMG]

13. FashionKnowHow

FashionKnowHow Member

start with me, I got 3 pairs but usally I rotate 2 of my favourites. There other one only worn on wedding dinner.

u?

[​IMG]

I have about 10 pairs, and I wear different ones about 3-4 times a week. I would have more, but the ones at the malls are so expensive. I've been getting my cufflinks online at http://www.CuffSmart.com. Their cufflinks are very reasonably priced, but their customer service is what convinced me. You should look into this site.

These are one of the cufflinks I got from CuffSmart.com. They make good ice-breakers:

[​IMG]