• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs do you actually wear?

omgitsfox

Reaction score
Once I get the 5ep x SF, that'll be the only pair I'll wear.
smile.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anxiously waiting for drizzt3117's post...
musicboohoo[1].gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
anxiously waiting for drizzt3117's post...
musicboohoo[1].gif

Haha... I wear a lot of different pairs. I don't really have any that I wear more than others. I just grab a different pair each day, depending on my mood.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Haha... I wear a lot of different pairs. I don't really have any that I wear more than others. I just grab a different pair each day, depending on my mood.

Your mood? Unfaded, starchy, and dark blue--what mood does that match up with?
laugh.gif

I've cut my pairs down to my WarehousexBiGxSuFu and my Skull 5507XX. Skulls are faded enough to look different to a non-denim aficionado so it doesn't look like I'm wearing the same pair every day, and I get a lot of wear in my Warehouse jeans this way.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have about 8 pairs on deck at any time, but I find myself wearing either my 5EPxSF or my 5EP low down boots, depending on the silhouette the rest of my outfit lends itself to, with the 5EP low down boots going with more casual, "all-American" outfits. I wear my KMW 1980s a fair bit too. The color (and they are reasonably broken in now) the true straightleg, and the dropped large back pockets make them really good with casual outfits with a lot of warm browns and pale greys.

Also on deck, however, are:
Nom de Guerre Classic
Spurr Classic
Nudie Straight Sven
JohnBull SC007
Studio D'Artisan SD-1002
APC New Standards.

Alls have slightly different colors and silhouettes.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have 4 pairs in rotation at the moment and have decided to sell the rest....

I was wearing my Acne Max raw every day to work but that's going to be replaced by my 5EPxSF

I rotate between those two and my well worn Nudie SJD for social wear. Lately it's been about 60% 5EPxSF, 30% Acne and 10% Nudie

I also have a pair of Nudie Thin Flynn Dry Black Coated and Reg Ralf green cords that I occasionally wear when the outfit calls for it (maybe twice a month on average)

v84

Reaction score
I wear loads, but its nice to have options even though the majority of my options look exactly the same to everyone else!

Currently "in rotation"

PBJ005-Eternal 868-SugarCane Edo Ai 40500-Samurai s5000bk-APC new standards indigo- APC NS Grey-Howies jeans and cords......

I also have samurai cords and cloak grey herringbone selvedge jeans but I dont wear em as they dont fit, both are size 30 (plug plug)

I have some Kapital jeans in the post too, one pair of japanese turquoise selvedge jeans just isnt enough, what about those occaisions that demand a cinch back?!

This is a good question to ask edmond of SuFu infamy.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm wearing 5 pairs these days.

-Ande Whall Grifters - my all-purpose slim indigo
-SFx5ep - dressier slim fit
-PBJ xx-005 black
-Helmut Lang classic low rise light grey (I love the ways these fit)
-Nom de Guerre Classic fit - I bit on these after LA Guy wrote them up in his new top 10 thread. They are surprisingly high waisted, kinda like my old vitage 517's. At first this threw me, but now I like them a lot. Slimish, nice hardware, stealthy lack of branding, cool purple tint. And the high waist makes them ass-crack proof, even at full slouch. ****** crack is prone to public appearances with low-rise jeans.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
I own like 10 pairs, but I wear 4.
shog[1].gif

Lee 101b (Europe)
45RPM NandoxNando
APC Rescues
APC New Standard Vintage wash

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
Your mood? Unfaded, starchy, and dark blue--what mood does that match up with?
laugh.gif

I actually have quite a few pairs of distressed jeans in my rotation although I haven't posted too many pics of them. I also like to alternate between heavier and lighter denim depending on the weather and what type of top I'm wearing. I have a lot of pairs of raw jeans that are made of lightweight denim (like OLAs and a pair of RB2s I have) as well, and of course there are many different cuts.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 3, none of which are indigo.
biggrin.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually reach for my raw RRLs, my R&Bs, my PBJs or my Kicking Mules. Want to work my Red Ears and Earnest Sewns into rotation but I can't find them.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It takes me about a year to break in a pair of jeans and they still have years to go after that.

That said, i only focus on one pair at a time, otherwise it'd take me years to make any progress. My current project are my skull 5010's. Next will be my eternal 811's sometime next year.

I have a 5 year plan in which I'll have one nicely faded washed out pair (skulls), another nicely broken in pair (eternals) and then my current project whatever that may be at the time.

lupin23rd

Reaction score
Currently about 75% of the time it's my 45RPM Sorahikos, and then the other 25% is my D'artisan SD-301. I've got a couple pairs of PDC, some Armani's, Joie, and Diesel that get no love anymore (for the most part), along with a few other pairs of non-jeans.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after taking a few months off , im back to working my Nudie Average Joe Dry Heavies... slowly and steadily they are starting break in well. I have some Grey Uniqlos I'll wear depending on the outfit as well.

I have a pair of RRDS waiting in the closet...ill probably start wearing them when i feel ready for some pain (sized down = no fun).

I also need a pair of Black Black slim jeans. (any recommendations?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads