• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs do you actually wear?

stuartSan

Reaction score
I remember a "how many pairs do you own thread", but this time, out of your two, or a hundred pairs, how many do you actually wear?

I know once you have more than five pairs, you start playing favourites, so it seems that you don't have that many in the end. I find it hard to wear more than two especially if you currently want to break in a "project pair".

I went looking for new jeans today, but I find most of the washes - and even raw denim, to be somewhat similar to my half faded jeans. Buying any of those wouldn't be justified enough as they'd probably look the same even if I rotated them frequently.

To me, having different pairs is only good if you buy very different colors, and cutting. Being a skinny jeans lover and not liking things too loud, I realize I only need two pairs of jeans! Black and indigo (maybe another raw one after I'm done with this pair).

I find that quite surprising, so I thought I'd ask you guys for a better perspective.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear either slim on regular fitted, either straight or bootcut, and raw, washed, and even lightly distressed, so i've got quite a bit of options. i probably rotate around 10 pairs any given time, but my fulton 50 and straight sven used one wash probably get the most wear.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L.A. guy will tell you differently as far as one pair of indigo goes

stuartSan

Reaction score
Yeah, I was browsing after I posted, and read that post about the indigos. I might be in for some internet schooling.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I got my first pair of raw denim (RRDS) I have been wearing them basically every day. The only times I dont wash them is if its raining or I am going to a packed bar when people will be spilling **** all over me.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing is your dark jean will always become faded, then you need a new one to replace it

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Before the 5epxsf I had seven pairs that I would rotate though, but not since they're a project pair I switch them out with a pair of faded RRLs. After Feb I'll probably go back to rotating through the now-eight pairs.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 3.

90% of my wear goes to my jomons. Most of my wardrobe is warm browns punctuated with blues, the coffee tinted weft and color changing indigo of these jeans goes perfectly with almost everything. The silhouette is super versatile.

5% is my pair of faded 5eps:
2-1.png

Fairly versatile and a relaxed fit. Weekend jeans; pairs with most blue ,green and gray tones.

the last 5% is my light gray nom de guerres. I don't have a compllimentary wardrobe for these but when I put together an outfit they look pretty good.

The last pair I want is a pretty flat looking pair with hints of black; a straightforward pair of jeans(to wear with black boots/sneakers). I haven't found a good pair to fit this niche, but that'll be my only denim purchase for a long time.

stuartSan

Reaction score
That's some nice fades.

Yeah, forgot to mention that I'd like to know how often you wear a pair (especially project pairs) before someone tells you they see you in the same jeans too often.

I wear my current skinnies 6 days a week, before switching it up with a straight cut Levi's for a day. Wonder if that's too much.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear lvc 37s, lvc 33 (will let them rest til next spring though, since they are so lightweight), edwin nashville and thrifted super faded levis 590s. Not one pair actually works with all shoes/boots etc, so I mainly rotate for this reason.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much only my RB-11's. Not completely phased out are ES Hutch, Nudie RR, and APC Rescue (these are new, I just don't like them).

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
I only wear 4 pairs of jeans and doubt I have room (or time or $ for that matter) for more.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stuartSan
That's some nice fades. Yeah, forgot to mention that I'd like to know how often you wear a pair (especially project pairs) before someone tells you they see you in the same jeans too often. I wear my current skinnies 6 days a week, before switching it up with a straight cut Levi's for a day. Wonder if that's too much.
There's zero need to be self conscious about it. To be honest, unless your friends are denim headz off the interwebz then they already think you wear the same pair of "dark" jeans every day. Unless I'm wearing a faded pair, 99% of my friends would probably think I wear the same pair every day (back when I rotated). Just because you can spot the difference doesn't mean others are paying that much attention.

kakemono

Reaction score
I used to rotate through my 6 pairs of Diesels, but ever since I got my RRDS, it has been 75% RRDS, 10% Zathan 71j, 10% Fanker 894, 5% Clerby 82l, and I never wear my Shazor71b's or Zathan 710's.

I have thought about selling them all 3 in order to go towards a pair of nice dress shoes and another pair of jeans.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I got rid of the jeans I wasn't wearing regularly to have a tighter edit and I'm not down to:

Black:
Levi 514
Acne max cash (or is it hex max? I forget the names)
Cloak

Grey:
Dior distressed 19CM

Indigo:
APC New Standards
Dior raw 19CM

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads