• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.1775 miles in honor of the Marine Corps’ birthday. I just didn’t feel like running today, so walked instead...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've caught a disgusting cold from my son (which he got from school...), so I'm not doing my tempo today. Hopefully things will be better by track time tomorrow evening...

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not a good runner, trying to get into it. Does it ever get better or does it just suck less?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not a good runner, trying to get into it. Does it ever get better or does it just suck less?

It gets to a place where you miss not running but that takes a few years of consistency. The first thing I recommend is taking the plunge and going to a running specific store to get fitted for some shoes. I've run in bad shoes and you pay quickly. The second thing I would recommend is not overdoing it early on otherwise you will get injured. Yea it may feel like you could run a 5K but you have to build your body up to take a pounding.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Step one is all good to go. I got a pair of Hoka trail shoes (neutral) and a pair of Hoka road shoes (stability)

I think the road shoes feel better but may be .5 size too small.

It's now cold and snowing so I'll be using the trail shoes more than the road shoes

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How aggressive are the lugs on the trail shoes? I had a pair of hybrids that worked fine on roads but they never felt great on the roads.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
If you're over 40, or overweight, or have prior injuries, I'd strongly urge following one of those "run/walk" routines for the first 4-12 weeks of your program.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look up Hoka Torrent

The Torrent’s are dope. I’m a fan. More racing oriented in terms of protection and cushioning though. When you decide to build up your rotation and are looking for something more daily trainer / long run friendly look into the Evo Speedgoat. While designed for racing ultras, it’s very forgiving on the body and extremely comfortable on a variety of surfaces. My favorite trail shoe of 2019.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feeling like absolute dogshit the past 7 days. Straight up not having a good time getting even light volume miles in.

Not sore, injured, or feeling weak...more like sleepy and stiff. I’ve been sleeping ~9 hours per night too and I STILL feel like I wish I had another 3 hours.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to either Mono, AIDS (most common), or maybe overtrained?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is your sleep restless? That is the easiest way to figure out over training.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads