• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't go out today because my hamstring doesn't feel right. And I doubt I'll be going out this weekend as we have Super-typhoon Hagibis due to hit us on Saturday, apparently the strongest one ever to hit Tokyo, so we'll see...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taken me a while to post here but ive been running regularly since Thanksgiving Day of 2012. I can tell this year my age is starting to hit me as things just aren't quite how they were athletically.

For me I have a mental problem of keeping my running going strong. After about 3.5 miles i start getting bored and stop for a break. Anyway im also pretty tall so despite my low turnover I log some decent times. For reference, other than this year which was horrifically and inexplicably bad, I'm in the top third to 25 percent of the Peachtree Road Race. Its a 10k with 60k runners so time itself isn't representative.

Also because things always hurt it takes a toll on me and ive been logging the same 4 miles at 33 or 34 minutes for a few weeks now. Rarely run more than that might go up to around 5.

You find yourself getting bored after 3 miles or so... do you usually run in the same neighborhoods or the same trails? Just getting out to new areas can help freshen things up - whether it's trails or just a residential neighborhood. I typically do the same loops through the same neighborhoods near my house and have been doing that for about 8 years now. Since I'm usually too lazy to go drive to the trail system or one of the good parks sometimes I'll set a goal to go run every. single. road. in a particular neighborhood that I'm not as familiar with.

Also, I've found books on tape (well, downloaded MP3 files these days) are pretty good for encouraging me to stay out there longer.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wake up, it’s time to run!

edit: I ran 3.5 miles with the dogs in what’s left of yesterday’s snowfall (not much) with temps ranging from 18 to 26.

9BB823B5-3392-47D5-AE27-93F5CCE7257F.png

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You find yourself getting bored after 3 miles or so... do you usually run in the same neighborhoods or the same trails? Just getting out to new areas can help freshen things up - whether it's trails or just a residential neighborhood. I typically do the same loops through the same neighborhoods near my house and have been doing that for about 8 years now. Since I'm usually too lazy to go drive to the trail system or one of the good parks sometimes I'll set a goal to go run every. single. road. in a particular neighborhood that I'm not as familiar with.

Also, I've found books on tape (well, downloaded MP3 files these days) are pretty good for encouraging me to stay out there longer.
It's not really the stimulation change, it really is just kind of my hard-to-stay-focused personality.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1258084
Out here in Boulder, CO for some trail running at altitude with my boys. Conditions were a little sketch in places, but overall a great day to be alive.

You almost ran right past me... I was down by NCAR to pickup a jacket purchased on Facebook Marketplace for my son.

How long are you in town for?

I ran 4 miles with the dogs this morning, on my usual trails. It was borderline t-shirt weather, but compared to yesterday, it felt warm...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Dusty Heaters

I thought of you when I saw my friend's ride on Strava. He's out watching the Ironman World Championships, and logging some miles for Ultraman World Championships, coming up next month...

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 3.12.53 PM.png

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You almost ran right past me... I was down by NCAR to pickup a jacket purchased on Facebook Marketplace for my son.

How long are you in town for?

I ran 4 miles with the dogs this morning, on my usual trails. It was borderline t-shirt weather, but compared to yesterday, it felt warm...
@Dusty Heaters

I thought of you when I saw my friend's ride on Strava. He's out watching the Ironman World Championships, and logging some miles for Ultraman World Championships, coming up next month...

unfortunately just until tomorrow morning. We’re going for an easy run tomorrow by Marshall Mesa before I take off.

PS: That guy is an absolute unit. I’m just a try hard hobby jogger. Haha.[/QUOTE]

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I keep thinking about running, but also keep not doing it. Did ride an informal century with a couple of friends on my birthday, though. Without planning it, we hit 100 miles about halfway across the Golden Gate Bridge on the way back into town.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stump Jump 50K on Saturday. ~32miles in 6:23, good for 32nd overall out of ~300. They decided to leave all the climbing for the miles after 28 so it was 2-4 miles of power hiking. Humbling race as the last time I ran this, on a difference course, I finished in 5:45 so either I am slower or this course is much harder.

The winner finished in 4:12 which is like an 8min/mi pace. There are so many rocky sections, I don't know how he kept his balance going so fast. One section known as the Rock Garden is literally a mile or more hopping from rock to rock as there is not trail.

Went out yesterday for a sore 8.25 miles and felt pretty good. Only soreness is when I try to walk down stairs...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About 3 miles just now. Considering im jetlagged and haven't had much good (for me) food in a month--i suppose it went as good as can be expected

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 trail miles with the dogs, with the last 1.5 miles at about a 7:45 pace. Good times in the sun, with temps in the mid-70s...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads