• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely exhausted the last couple of days so I didn't go out and do my long run today. Instead I slept in until nearly 10am, something I almost never do. I have to rework my timetable.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
It is done.

My first half; my first race of any distance since age 16.

If I were a Brit I’d say I was chuffed about my time - just a hair off my target of 2:10, and I’m confident that I could get below 2:00 with just a bit of work.

CC4FF5CE-8385-47E2-AF79-DD06D4F6A70F.png

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@imatlas Great race! Congrats on completing your first half and beating your expectations.

I am absolutely 100% confident you can break 2 on your next race! Consistent, progressive, and injury free, volume over time will get you there in no time.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Friday I got in 8.5 miles. Right when I got back I had a call from my Boss' boss to fix something in a presentation within like 5 minutes. Now worried about my Friday lunch runs as it always seems something comes up when I am a few miles from home :(. Saturday was 16.4 miles on trails. Pretty warm but I got it done. Wanted a 5th lap but headed home for family time. Yesterday was 12.5 miles in the neighborhood to cap off a 60 mile week. Body has held up surprisingly well.

My 50K is in 5 weeks and I really want to get in a 20/24 miler. I could pull one off on the 22nd so thinking maybe a down week this week, ramp next week, then I know I could get something the weekend of the 28/29 as well. This is bringing flashbacks of my 2014 50K when I had weddings in various big week lead ups to my 50K and suffered at the end due to not enough long days.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CF0A3BBE-B3E7-494E-852D-DE732F8399B2.jpeg

I need to figure out a way to get back to high altitude (8,000ft+, 2,400m+) for more training. That week at elevation seems to have had a significant effect on my muscle endurance. The loop above used to tire me by the end. Yesterday I felt roughly half the amount of normal fatigue and ended up running faster even though I was throttling back significantly.

This upcoming week and the next are going to be tough with upcoming work travel.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to do my long run today, but the weather was bad with rain that started off bearable but turned torrential within minutes of going out, and I got so soaked that I had to cut my intended distance of just over 24k in half. So just 13.2km (8.2 miles) at long run pace. Nothing's really gone quite right over the last few days...

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I love running in the rain and other days I could melt. If I am dry then it starts raining during a run, I am fine. If it is raining when I am about to start...I will likely bail.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I love running in the rain and other days I could melt. If I am dry then it starts raining during a run, I am fine. If it is raining when I am about to start...I will likely bail.

Exactly this.

It was raining all day yesterday and the intensity picked up when I finally had the opportunity to run. The overcast sky and compounding work stress dissuaded any interested in running in the rain. Running is suppose to be my fun time and I didn’t find the environment conducive to sparking joy...so I opted for the treadmill. I’m no friend of the mill; but being dry, listening to music, and a short duration was a lot more appealing than the alternative.

A 4.5m easy jog + a quick 20 minute core routine for me last night.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 miles with the dogs. I waited out a brief storm producing heavy rain, hail and lightning before heading out. Just over a mile in, the trails were dry. Good times...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
3.5 miles, I’ve been feeling pretty good post race but that last mile today was a trudge.

Followed that up with an intense core workout that left me completely trashed.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like running in the rain for the most part... but not if the rain is heavy that it feels like someone is constantly emptying a buckets of cold water over your head!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let the waiting game begin again... I don’t mind the rain, but I’m not going up on the hill in a thunderstorm.

5010E558-78FB-49B0-96C5-216877ACF30F.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads