• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Tuesday this week until the end of August, I will mostly be at my folks' place in Hampshire, UK. It's a totally different kind of terrain than where I am now. Rolling chalk downland with lot of footpaths and woodland trails and narrow hedged lanes. Apart from being nice to be back, it will really add to my training. I've already mapped out my routes...
4425731_c4c53004.jpg

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a beautiful route.

Thanks, it really is. Having lived in many other places where access to a ‘nice’ area, or at least one where you don’t have to pause/check for cars, was at least a drive away; I consider myself very fortunate to live less than 400m from 30+ miles of dedicated pedestrian paths that weave along the Mississippi.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last run in Canada for just over 5 months today: my mid-range supposedly easy (or marathon-pace) run of 13.5km (about 8 1/2 miles). Felt pretty good despite the still lingering cold, and I actually ran a bit too fast. Was aiming at 5:20min/km pace and actually ran about 5:07. I guess that tells me my easy pace really should be somewhere in between now.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Slowed it down a hair but ran a similar distance today as my last run on Friday, so 4.5 miles @ 9:53 per mile. Felt really good, like I still had some gas in the tank. I’m really focused on avoiding further tendonopathy: Yesterday was mostly a rest day but I went to a Pilates class, today I did some dynamic stretches before heading out and a bunch of static stretching and roller work after, all of which is paying off in happy tendons and ligaments.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same 12 trail miles from Tuesday completed on Saturday. I felt off a little in the morning but still went for the run over lunch. Each of the 3 laps felt progressively worse leading to quite a bit of walking on lap 3. After thinking about it, lap 1 must have been pretty quick as I had similar overall times.

Yesterday was ~13 miles on the roads around the house. Thought I would get 13.1 for a half marathon but my estimate on added distance was off. Felt good with nothing notable other than needing a lot of water. I've been finishing these runs with pop sickles with my son so it is a nice treat.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No run today. Running gear is all packed, and we're waiting at the airport. Next run will be a long one on Tuesday. I hope I don't seize up too much during the flight...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3.4 miles last night since my wife took the night off from Barre class. Usually this run is ~2.8 miles but I added a few cul-de-sacs into the mix. Each cul-de-sac is its own climb and the last was had be wondering how much ft. gain I could add to my normal run my shortening the distance but adding more cul-de-sacs if that makes any sense.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
3.5 miles with the dogs. The temperature dropped all the way to 92 while we were out.

Woof.

2.5 miles at a comfortable pace after a HIIT session with my trainer.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I had carefully mapped out all my routes here, but I still got lost on my first day during my long run. The result was that I did 25.5km (almost 16 miles) instead of the planned 22, on a mixture of road and paths, and ran completely around the forest I had intended to run through. Felt okay, except for not knowing where I was. And it's lucky I was intending to run slow, because all the stopping and trying to work out where I was meant it took a lot longer that it should have. Luckily my family hadn't sent out search parties...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads