• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.6 miles yesterday morning with a pretty good pace.

My wife and kids will be out at the beach house most of this week so I'm going to use the solitude to head out to some of the parks in the area for a couple trail runs after work on Wednesday and Thursday. Unfortunately it is supposed to be about 95º with high humidity both those afternoons. Oh well. I'm still looking forward to it.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.5k today. Just normal, nothing to report!

However, I have signed up for a 'forest half-marathon' the first day I'll be in Denmark later this year (1st September). Should be fun, but I am going to have to increase my miles and run on the trails - which is, luckily, exactly what I'm going to be doing in August when I'll be in my folks' place in the UK. At this stage I have no time expectations, we'll just see how it goes.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just my shortest 6.5k today, but since I hadn't been intending to run at all this morning, this is a bonus.

Oh, and I made sure my Japanese running registration was up-to-date, with a view to doing a couple of races when I am back in Tokyo this fall / winter. I don't think I am up to my old club's serious 'ekiden' (road relay) standard right now, which is a shame because I love ekiden, but I will at least do the shorter, less serious Shibuya Ekiden in January, and it will be good to train on the track again. There's nothing like group track training for improving speed and strength. I also intend to do the Toda Half-Marathon in November (one in which, the last time I did it in 2013, my right hamstring went badly and I had to walk the last few km), a 10k or two, and maybe a mountain run - I'll get out and run in the moutains in October and November anyway because it's beautiful and who knows whether I will ever be back in Japan at this time ever again?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
61CD5CA3-2F3C-4226-87A4-5A145A1DD1B1.jpeg
FC7398BD-D503-4270-B2F6-AF14125D96DC.jpeg

What a difference a day of rest and a few degrees makes.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles at a park near my office after work yesterday. I had never been to this particular park before so I didn't know what to expect but there were a few pretty good hills with a mix of some technical singletrack hills and rolling blacktop roads. I did a loop on the hiking/running trail which is only about three miles but there was one segment of about a half mile with 250' of elevation gain. That's a pretty steep climb for for this area!

There's a longer 11 mile mountain bike loop and a 15+ mile equestrian loop but it was about 95º out and even though I had bug spray on I was running the risk of being carried away by the mosquitos and black flies (like @jbarwick I had unfortunately forgotten my hat!) so I didn't get to explore as much as I would have liked. The park also has a half mile long sandy beach so I ran along the sidewalk on the edge of that and enjoyed the view. :p

I brought my gear with me to the office again today so I might try to stop somewhere for a run after work again.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15k today at what was supposed to be easy pace, but I looked at some pace calculators and realised I am probably running too fast still.

Oh, and I entered two more races, both in Japan: a half-marathon (the 'Koshu Fruits race') in October; and... wait for it... my first ever marathon (the Fujisan marathon) in November. Before everything fell apart I had been thinking about doing a marathon, and recently as I was planning my getting-back-into-shape training schedule, I suddenly thought, what's the point of thinking that I might or could do a marathon, why don't I have a specific target of doing one? At least then my training schedule almost writes itself...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I entered two more races, both in Japan: a half-marathon (the 'Koshu Fruits race') in October; and... wait for it... my first ever marathon (the Fujisan marathon) in November. Before everything fell apart I had been thinking about doing a marathon, and recently as I was planning my getting-back-into-shape training schedule, I suddenly thought, what's the point of thinking that I might or could do a marathon, why don't I have a specific target of doing one? At least then my training schedule almost writes itself...

Congrats on signing up for your first marathon and it being in Japan. My first marathon was the '99 Okinawa Marathon and I'd really like to get back to Japan to run the Okinawa Marathon again and also to run one on Honshu. I spent a few weeks at the Marine Corps base Camp Fuji and it was a very scenic area. I imagine the marathon will be a nice route. Plus, it's a totally different type of crowd that comes our to run and watch the runners at marathons in Japan than here in the states.

My very first ever marathon finishers medal!

11021195_10101199950127506_2133877959124252929_n.jpg

Dashing Chris

Reaction score
Like the title of the thread says
How many miles did you run today?
I didn't see any thread like this, and I thought it would be cool for people to post this so everyone can see the miles they put in every week, and I thought it would help keep people motivated to be able to discuss stuff on their run, conditions, anything strange you might have seen, etc..

Ill start!
Starting running again on sunday, Ive been doing 3 miles a day, at a slow but steady pace, around my local park at about 9:30 PM every night (I play in a basketball league so I thought it would be good to run that time cuz thats when we play, so my body gets used to the cool night air and humidity).

What about you guys?
biggrin.gif
I think 4miles... though its indeed really cool idea... :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads