• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
46:30 in the 10K on a still hot and exposed course today - felt my hamstring go tight at around 6k and had to slow down, so didn't get the 45:00 I wanted. Still a minute and half faster than the last 10k I did, but around 4 minutes slower than I used to do this course 3 or 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
46:30 in the 10K on a still hot and exposed course today - felt my hamstring go tight at around 6k and had to slow down, so didn't get the 45:00 I wanted. Still a minute and half faster than the last 10k I did, but around minutes slower than I used to do this course 3 or 4 years ago.

Good start nonetheless! Still plenty of time to regain your fitness in the 10k.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
751C72AE-B502-419B-843B-1F362E0D84D2.jpeg

Aiming for fluidity and glide. Feeling smoother.

Comparing the data from last week’s 10m (same route, similar weather conditions, diet/hydration, etc.) I’m happy with what I perceive as rebounding fitness. Pace / HR (norm-referenced data) shows a positive correlation in both speed and intensity WoW. Cumulative fatigue (qualitative data) feels moderate.

Today:
CD529207-7F57-4BCA-BD32-EE3C03B4ADEB.jpeg
Last Week:
98B176DE-91BD-48B5-BF6A-936839ED5686.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11.4 miles yesterday on an quick trip to Memphis. Did this loop around a golf course near my sister-in-law 6 times. Was listening to the Conan O'Brian podcast and while I never really watched his show a ton, the podcast has me laughing out loud during my runs at times.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.6 miles this morning. My knee was still sore the past few mornings so this was my first run since my fall on Friday morning and everything felt fine today. It was about 70º but no humidity and a light breeze - it was perfect running weather. The next few days are supposed to be pretty nice before it gets brutally hot and humid next week.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pair of easy 4 mile runs with my colleagues during a company offsite in Boston Tuesday & Wednesday. Landed back home today exhausted but had to get this workout in. Not my best, but I’m happy I was able to put in some quality work.

84479CCB-64EF-44D0-AA67-65F7B3D2F40B.jpeg
03380408-290E-4BB1-A207-C3E475418BEA.jpeg

First miles in the NB Fuel Cell Rebel.
799DCBF4-2AA2-4679-8B02-4E76DD71C6FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B848E97A-2811-465A-9E58-3B6B063430D6.jpeg

I intended for today to be a mild run in light of yesterday’s ‘workout’, but I was feeling well and wanted to put some paces in on the Nike Zoom Fly 3.

In short, this shoe feels like a step in the wrong direction for me. I can’t make sense of a speed oriented shoe weighing in at 10.4oz in a US11. Out of all the carbon plated shoes I’ve run in this gave me the least amount of return. And overall the fit/response was sloppy at best. I tried to put a variety of paces on it and only during hard efforts did it feel ‘okay’...but no where near as fluid as other 2019 releases.

2637A201-68CD-4A97-B028-E04F6BA64F75.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those 1 piece uppers look comfortable. My oldies still have a separate tongue. While I do not analyze to the point that you have, I can tell the difference running in new, slightly worn, and worn shoes. My preference is slightly worn as new shoes are slippery, at least where I run. I decided to cycle through 3 pairs of shoes, all of which have varying degrees of wear but the main reason is that a 10-miler will leave a pair soaked and they take some time to air out.

This week has been a bust for running so far...only 3 miles in and may get some in today. Work has been busy then we had friends in town, all of which add up to fewer miles. I hope to get in something good today after putting in some work hours.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jbarwick In my opinion, the ”Vapor Weave” bootie upper is an upgrade. The weight, lockdown, breathability, and ability to stay dry as your foot/leg sweats is commendable. ...but my gut tells me the actual performance of the shoe just won’t rival the other new options for 2019 I’ve been enjoying. Oh, and those competitors are are $30-$50 cheaper.

I’ve tried enough shoes now where I feel I can tell a lot about how I’m going to like it just by trying it on and/or taking it for a quick spin. To your point, sometimes a shoe really comes to life and surprises me after a good break in. On the other end, since running shoes these days are made synthetic rubbers/compounds, most are good to go for a long run right out of the box. Obviously YMMV, it’s all subjective since we have different feet and biomechanics.

My intent with cycling/trying a bunch of shoes is to hopefully find a handful that I feel are ‘best in class’ and that experience could maybe be directional guidance for someone looking to try on a new pair without being overwhelmed with the marketing that’s out there. With the amount of sponsored content, group think, trends, and bias out there...I think it’s great to exchange ideas/opinions with ‘regular’ people who just enjoy the sport in their free time.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 runs yesterday. One during nap time of 8.6 miles then another 7 in the evening. Tried to make up for the lack of miles during the week.

Heat index was a killer at lunch time but I finally met the owners of the house who supply water on my run. It is my safe haven to stop at and was grateful to finally say thank you. Similar to those "Little Libraries" people put up on a post, this house has a jug of water, disposable cups, and a collapsible doggy bowl on a post. Somehow they figured out the perfect spot near the road that never gets direct sunlight so the water stays cool for a while. She said if there was ever an issue, just put a cut in her mailbox to let her know she is out of water or something else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads