• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
back in the saddle/on the mill after a long layoff for the flu and it was a struggle

5@38:16 and it wasn't pretty

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He might not take well to contacts. I have **** for eyesight myself, it’s genetic. I’m fortunate, but several of my relatives just can’t do contacts. As to the goggles over glasses...skiing/boarding with just glasses is bullshit. You get this irritating backpressure not to mention constant fog and debris. Miserable man.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0F57FF8B-D3B4-4C0F-805E-3EEB9BD51A44.jpeg
82CE4E12-67E0-48E8-9AD3-82072ED4B330.jpeg
Cautiously went out for a run today with a fresh pair of shoes. Started feeling pretty good after the initial treadmill cobwebs burnt off. Then I started hitting crazy ice fields under my bridge crossings...like a glacier face. You can see the dropouts clearly on the pace chart. I went ankle deep into an unavoidable puddle lake around 7-8 and that really fucked things up for me. Decided to shut it down early and play it safe. Felt like I could have had 13.1 at mid 7 pace no problem in fair conditions.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got in 7 miles yesterday. I did yard work all day Saturday and couldn't muster a run. Weather is turning for the better and cannot be outside enough...until those humid Southern summer days come...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, I walked four miles in about 60 minutes yesterday, with a break for a couple of beers with friends at one of our local breweries.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glasses inside ski goggles seems strange to me.

Why? I’m not the only one who prefers that setup: those goggles are specifically made to accommodate glasses.

I can wear contacts, but need to moisturize my eyes fairly often when I do, which is really hard to do in cold dry weather when you’re outside all day.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cranked the mill up to 8.5 today and did 3@21:26

I've decided I'm really going to push pace before the summer

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all are getting quick up in here. Water resistant shoes? Nothing good for running...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1146026

The warmer temps (mid 30’s) are great but these puddles ******** all the way off. Any recommendations on water resistant shoes?

Altra Lone Peak 3.0 WP are the best I’ve found, but I generally prefer wearing wool socks and just letting my feet get wet. No matter how waterproof your shoes are, your feet are going to get wet.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all are getting quick up in here. Water resistant shoes? Nothing good for running...

Altra Lone Peak 3.0 WP are the best I’ve found, but I generally prefer wearing wool socks and just letting my feet get wet. No matter how waterproof your shoes are, your feet are going to get wet.

I hear you, no matter what your feet are going to get wet if your sloshing around in puddles. For whatever reason, wet shoes/socks irritates my recovering arch...was looking for ideas/solutions on how I might mitigate some of the saturation.

I’ll take a look at the Lone Peak’s. They seem to be a big fan favorite among the Altra community. I was curious about the Nike Peg Shields too. Nike’s seem to work well for me on the road.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

metals37

Reaction score
My feet sweat like crazy, and any time I've tried any kind of water resistant shoe, I felt like it breathed poorly.

7 miles this morning. Actually got my lazy bum out the door to do the run. But then I was a few mins late to the weekly 7:30a Tuesday exec review I need to be a part of.... oh well, I still feel better for having gotten the miles in, and they ended up chewing out somebody else anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics