• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1C3AB8EB-BF44-400D-8EC5-8FCA21FF7142.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were getting a “bomb cyclone” today. We’ll see if conditions are runable this afternoon. It’s lightly raining now, and is supposed to switch to snow in a few hours. I’m off to the gym now.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 miles with the dogs post-snowmaggedon... We got our blizzard, but it only last a few hours. There was lots of slushy snow and hidden puddles, but it was a good time even though my feet got soaked. Temperature is right at freezing.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
622DCCBB-AC4B-4DE1-A2E3-2DD893F59B96.jpeg

2nd consecutive day on the mill. I’ll run in snow, double-digit below 0 temps, even the extreme heat...but I don’t do freezing rain. I run to have fun, and gloomy rainy sky’s just make me miserable.

On the bright side, I’m noticing some running economy developing. HR seems to be trending lower on my usual paces and it even feels easier.

Shooting for 40 miles this week.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I followed you on Strava and gave your run a thumbs up. Since it just the same 3 people posting here who I now follow on Strava...maybe I’ll stop posting here.

For some reason I feel less shame giving thumbs here than Strava?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, well, overruled. SF for running it is! :)

Serious question: Last night after I got out of the shower post run, the arch on my right foot felt a little tight and prompted some pain. I’ve had my right arch ‘seize’ up a little before and it was awkward for awhile, but usually upon waking the next day it was gone. Fast-forward to now, the tightness/pain has not subsided. It’s not excruciating but it’s nothing I want to escalate. Pic attached and area circled below. Any advice? I’m currently rolling my arch on a massage ball and rolling my calves with the foam roller.

E65F4655-8122-41E7-9B0D-A773A278D769.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know that one. I have this weird tendon type pain that only occurs when sitting on the bathroom floor during bath time with my kids. I have to stand up and walk around for it to go away.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10K in 53:02, mostly at M pace with some fartleks thrown in. It’s beautiful out, with temps in the mid-40s.

This was after a hard bouldering session at lunchtime. Good times!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics