• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at you guys with your offspring and responsibilities. Meanwhile I’m over here smoking blunts and sluggin bourbon like a fuckin loser. I don’t even wear my wedding ring for ***** sake.

When does one stop being a 30-something year old selfish ************* and start allocating discretionary resources towards a greater good? Asking for a friend.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sobers you up when the hospital lets you leave with another life that is your responsibility. That first drive home I felt like my car was a bullseye and the world was trying to hit me.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
30 minutes on the track running intervals today, no idea how fast or far I went but it felt good to actually be outside in the brisk air

I may have to ditch the treadmill while the weather is still nice in TX

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another 2 yesterday to stay on track with my twice per week plan. Stronger. Probably will do 2 again next week and then up it to 3 the following week. Really trying to avoid the little injuries from pushing too hard to get back to where I was.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
24C6C0DC-6914-4DBD-B16E-E3FAA2EA1CD7.jpeg

Picked these up today to add to the collection.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 miles with the dogs in a couple of inches of slushy snow. Temps in the mid 30s.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like they need to recalibrate their screen printing machine...

;)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like they need to recalibrate their screen printing machine...

;)

Rookies on the job, but I’ll cut these 7-year olds some slack. It’s only their 4th year in the factory.

3.0 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Is that the VaporMax Flyknit?

This is the ‘Vaporfly 4%’ — at this point I just collect and stockpile them for future road races. It’s a controversial shoe that allegedly yields the highest evergy return in ‘lab tests’. People cite the full length carbon fiber plate as a cantilever-type mechanism and thus being an unfair advantage. However Misuno has been using the tech since the 90’s, so it’s nothing new. Others say it’s all about the ‘Zoom-X’ foam.

Net/net its a bunch of marketing bullshit. But placebo or not I feel faster pushing a hard pace in this model so I buy em.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.5 miles with the dogs (8:58/mile pace, 58:32 total time), much of it on partially frozen slush. Temps in the mid 30s.

I also PR'd the .63 mile Strava segment that contains most of the climbing in mile 5.

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 9.58.49 PM.png

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I increased to 2 miles today, and had some soreness in my hip and knee subsequently. :-(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads