• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 miles.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3@22:48/4@30:25

ran first 3 at 8 mph then slowed down to 7.7 for mile 4 but cranked to 8.5 for last quarter

was only planning to run 3 and forgot to turn on the treadmill fan so I was sweating like a dog

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.3 miles Saturday followed by 9.3 miles Sunday. Finished the week with 41.6 miles. Was eyeing a half marathon in February but won't be in my best form due to a minor surgery later in the month.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3@22:19

did the last quarter at 9MPH

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9.6 miles tonight. Temps were back up in the mid-50s and I was overdressed. After the first mile or so I had to loop back past my house and toss my knit cap and gloves on my porch.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just another quick 5K tonight. 7:5x pace. Keeping the intensity up and the duration low with a focus on form/stride dynamics. Right leg is feeling a lot better.

Decided to upgrade my watch from Apple Watch to the Garmin Fenix 5s Plus, really digging the additional data and functionality.

I have a Fenix 2..geesh they are on 5 now? I do love the 4 metric screen on mine when I wear it. I opt for elapsed time, avg pace, current pace, miles.

Last night I got in a quick 3 miles. Warm last night and today is another warm one considering it is January.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was out on my run last night there were a couple of helicopters hovering overhead for a good 30+ minutes a couple miles to the west of me. I didn't think much of it as there are some small lakes over that way and I figured they were responding to a report of somebody in one of them or something.

This morning I was looking at the paper I read there was a smash and grab at the jewelry counter of a local Costco and they were using the sheriff's department to help search for the suspects from the air. The suspects were armed and were actually caught about 2 blocks away from where I was maybe 15 or 20 minutes after I was out of that area.

My wife always worries when I go out running at nighttime... maybe I won't tell her about that search last night.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 miles with the dogs. Temps were in the upper 30s.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles last night. I was tired before the run but it gave me some energy.

Is this also a place where I can admit I have completed 9 days of meditation since the beginning of the year? I use a guided app for 10 minutes in the morning. I cannot tell if it is helping at all but one item, focusing on breathing, helped when I tried to push the tempo of my run on Sunday.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ No judgement from me re:meditation. If it helps you do what you are trying to do or is something you enjoy, what's wrong with that?

I wasn't planning on running last night but at 10:00 p.m. I noticed it was still about 45º and I knew it was going to be colder this morning so I decided to give my newly delivered shoes (Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Shield) a try. I got in 5.8 miles. Right around my halfway point, I felt a noticeable drop in the temperature and when I got home I checked my little weather station thermometer and the temperature had fallen to 32º. That's quite a drop in less than an hour.

I'm glad I got the miles in last night instead of this morning: when I got up today it was 22º with the windchill making it "feel like" 12º. :freeze:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I broke down and finally submitted to be treated by a sports therapist/physiologist. She worked on my right leg for a torturous 2 hours...I was gripping that damn massage table for dear life. While there are massive areas on my legs that feel like they were drilled with a 70mph softball, I actually feel noticeably better.

Took my new Altra Escalante's out for an easy run. 5 miles at 8:2x pace. The 0 drop might take a little getting used to.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 miles with the dogs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads