• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1675490604230.png
1675490563000.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Generally on Saturday mornings I join up with a group run at the local running store but couldn’t today because I had to drive my daughter and her friends to a Girl Scout event. As we were walking up to the door to pick up one of the other girls, a bunch of folks from the group run came running past us. A couple of the recognized me and accused me of skipping out on the run because it was like 6° out. 😂

I did get in 12 miles after dropping the girls off and thankfully by then it had warmed up to about 20° and the sun was shining.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Worked on the race cars all day, then came home and got right on the bike. 32 “miles” over two hours. The SIS Beta Fuel arrived this week, so I’m now up to 80g of carbs per hour. I’ve learned that maltodextrin is not my favorite sugar, but it’s fine, and my stomach seems to tolerate it pretty well. I need to remember to add either salt or an electrolyte tablet. My previous mix included that, and I’m out of the habit.
1675574882608.png

1675574854880.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
80g of carbs an hour is wild. My stomach hates anything over ~50g. I don't recall if I went down the malto rabbit hole when cycling though it was talked about a ton back then.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
80g of carbs an hour is wild. My stomach hates anything over ~50g. I don't recall if I went down the malto rabbit hole when cycling though it was talked about a ton back then.
Yeah, not a hint of distress last night. I think there is some benefit from having it concentrated in 600mL of water instead of spread out over two bottles. Less water to clear and no bloating.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Slept in to watch CX worlds and went on a coffee ride with a friend

View attachment 1889903
I only saw the last lap, but that was plenty entertaining.

17 “miles” this evening. Added salt to the mix, and that was okay. I think the electrolyte tablet might be a bit better, so I’ll still try that.

95 miles for the week. 555 miles in January.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 day 2 rides, such nice weather it felt like the first day of spring. My shifter cable snapped the other day so riding my backup bike with no powermeter (getting a Stages left crank arm soon though)

1675738525664.png

1675738533301.png

It's still a nice bike
20230206_125531.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads