• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of ppl in commercial gyms have really ****** squat form. Too many ppl are using the low bar wide foot stance when they should be doing a high bar narrower stance to get better quad engagement and development

Low bar is also a great way to **** your lumbar discs. If you dont do it right, which almost anyone at a commercial gym will be guilty of, it creates a ton of shear force and your sciatic nerve will be good and tingly in no time...

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The AlphaFly makes me think of @Dusty Heaters. How you doin', bud?

Hey! Doing great man. How are you?!

Sorry I have not been as active. We’re expecting our first child here in a couple months AND my wife gave me permission to build a home gym. Per usual, anything I do gets done to an extreme… So I overhauled this utility room in our basement and built a really nice setup. Put all the running on the sideline in favor of building my strength back. Back to a 1246 total - squat, bench, deadlift. Aiming for 1500.

A57CAFD1-4546-4B8B-B7B9-9D7DB3F69684.jpeg
63BBE8F5-F230-4490-A314-7437CF936781.jpeg

94497205-1CAD-4BC4-AAF6-54AB76BD6E12.jpeg

90E75583-9277-4017-B4A6-9D9064E14C99.jpeg

835E923C-79B1-4806-845D-2C865DB69922.jpeg

E83BE4EE-1FE2-4392-9595-4D8AF7D8C085.jpeg

24073AB2-8668-44A9-A35F-8AE210176A74.jpeg
12412A28-F8E8-4CB1-8F1D-EEC13925B565.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry I have not been as active. We’re expecting our first child here in a couple months AND my wife gave me permission to build a home gym. Per usual, anything I do gets done to an extreme… So I overhauled this utility room in our basement and built a really nice setup. Put all the running on the sideline in favor of building my strength back. Back to a 1246 total - squat, bench, deadlift. Aiming for 1500.

Congrats on the upcoming kid! Based on some of you Strava pics I knew you were lifting some heavy weight

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Awesome news about the home gym. And I guess the baby, too... ;) Happy to hear you're doing well.

What about you @FlyingMonkey?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I raced in a mile run and then a 10k this morning. I thought the mile was going to be at the track but it was only partially on the track, then out to the street for a few blocks to a poorly marked turn-around and back. It wasn’t officially timed and I missed the turn around by a bit but I ran it in 6:24. If it were on the track, I think I could have shaved a few seconds off.

The 10k was on very flat streets through a residential neighborhood with the sun beating down. The temperature wasn’t quite 70° but it definitely felt warmed. My goal for the first 10k of the year was something under 45:00 and I met that with 44:28.

Looking at the results, I was second in my 40-49 age group but first in the male masters division. I didn’t even realize I was old enough for that.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 miles on the local flat gravel trails. This was the warmest weather I’ve run in so far this year, with temps in the mid-80s.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia, and I am supposed to get a surgical consultation, but I decided I was going to start running again anyway. Apparently it's okay. I am in Ottawa for a few days, the first time I have been outside of my hometown for 2 years. So I've been out along the rivers today: just 8.4km, no idea how fast, I'm just getting out to get out.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That does not sound fun FM! I feel like hernia surgery has come a long way since I had one in the 80s as a kid. One "memory" I have from that time is sliding down a slide to my parents after the surgery. The thing is, it was a slide out of the hospital window. I must have been really high from the meds.

7.3 miles last night but the bugs were out in droves.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7.6 easy miles this morning.

I went to the gym a couple of times just before Christmas but otherwise haven't been going regularly since March 2020. I've decided it's time to get back in there. I go early enough that it's never very crowded, I'm vaccinated and boosted, wipe things down where needed, etc.

Anyway.... my plan for now is to get in there Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings and maybe mornings it's too rainy to go running outside. In the summer I'm going to add spinning once or twice a week into the routine again as well. I've been twice now and am starting back slowly and never really lift a lot of heavy weight (for me it's more about trying to tone back up and work/move some muscles that don't get used much), but man am I feeling it already!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics