• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early Sunday morning I was out on my run. It was very cold out with temps close to 0 °F and a windchill around -10 °F. I was running down a picturesque dirt road near me and there was a woman out on a walk, wearing a full length fur coat and a fur hat and drinking a coffee. As I got closer, she appeared to also be only in her 30s or early 40s. I cannot remember the last time I saw a woman under the age of about 65 wearing a fur. I cannot get the image out of my head and I chuckle every time I think about her.

It reminds of some horrible commercials for a local fur store that were played often here in the Detroit area many moons ago.

This commercial is bad enough, and locally famous enough, to have made it to Conan:

...and was sent up on the late, great Detroiters show on Comedy Central:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.6 miles this morning at 8:07/mile pace overall.

I ran past the hotel downtown where the crew from the local running store meets up on Saturdays for a group run and saw there was a big New Balance display in the lobby and a photographer and (what looked like) a model inside taking some pictures. I had missed the crew from the group run by about 10 minutes. I knew their route and probably could have caught up so I could go inside and check out the New Balance stuff afterwards but I had a good pace going so decided against it.

After my run I was looking at my route on Strava andI think this may have been the first time I have ever run that entire little circle loop (in one shot) in the NW corner of the map, even though it’s less than a mile from my house.

31F7C7F1-5C15-42D5-AEB0-8497B625B2B0.jpeg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.6 miles this morning at 8:07/mile pace overall.

I ran past the hotel downtown where the crew from the local running store meets up on Saturdays for a group run and saw there was a big New Balance display in the lobby and a photographer and (what looked like) a model inside taking some pictures. I had missed the crew from the group run by about 10 minutes. I knew their route and probably could have caught up so I could go inside and check out the New Balance stuff afterwards but I had a good pace going so decided against it.

After my run I was looking at my route on Strava andI think this may have been the first time I have ever run that entire little circle loop (in one shot) in the NW corner of the map, even though it’s less than a mile from my house.
Impressive for a cold MIchigan morning!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mazzasan

Reaction score
Tried to go out today but my groin was not having it. Not sure what to do.

Running injuries are the worst. Luckily for me I tend to just ignore them and go out running regardless. Running in Toronto the past week has been very difficult with sub zero temps and lots of ice and snow. Managed 20 km today for my long run but i hated most of it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 road miles with rolling hills. Temps in the low to mid 40s, with sunny skies. Perfect day for a long run. Pic is from the halfway point, where I stopped for some water and energy chews. That made 30 miles for the week.

8103A219-F68A-44D8-BA3D-834FD9DF90B0.jpeg

Last edited:

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried to go out today but my groin was not having it. Not sure what to do.

Might just need some time off to rest and recover? There are some good specific stretches for the groin/hip flexor area and heat pads help

Had my second race of the season this past weekend; helped set my teammate up again for another 3rd place podium. Got into a few breaks but nothing would stick with how flat and fast the course was and also with the wind.

Here's me moving up to the front with 1 lap to go to string the field out and prevent my sprinter from getting swamped

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might just need some time off to rest and recover? There are some good specific stretches for the groin/hip flexor area and heat pads help

Basically what I've been doing... I'll probably give it until the end of the month this time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads