• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.5 miles of pavement and gravel pushing the stroller on a roundabout route to pick the older boys up from school.

A7B43AF0-22D2-4B7B-A75D-6FA7105D2EE3.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 miles last night in the neighborhood. It was dark and I saw some guy driving, parking his truck, then walking around, visit a couple houses then repeat by moving his truck. Well turns out he was some shady salesman because he ended up at our house a little after I got home. I memorized his truck and license plate while running just in case something happened. He was trying to sell us AT&T Fiber and was kind of pushy...surprised by this but also by the fact that none of his paperwork seemed official at all.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9.5 miles this morning at an overall pace of 9:11/mile. I gave a little push every other mile so the odd miles averaged about 8:30/mile. The temp was about 22º when I kicked off and I was definitely feeling it this morning.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see you back FM! I got in a 30min Peloton session. Strava says it’s only 29:57 every time so my work fitness tracker to save on insurance only picks it up as a 15min workout. Very annoying. Did a free ride of 45:07 the other week which Strava picked up as 44:59 which really annoyed me…

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.4 trail miles last night with the group. It was oddly cool and warm during the run so I ran at a chill pace and caught up with a buddy. When we were standing around, it was in the 50s and chilly then once we hit the trails it was warm and my long sleeves were miserable. Another day of warm weather slated for today.

Hit the gym this morning and my booster shot was slightly hurting my arm which made my overhead press uncomfortable. I feel really good on Friday morning gym sessions for some reason.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget to hydrate!

Here’s my view for the past few hours:

4447D425-3F28-4D73-AA65-422FCB6F1831.jpeg

I took today off from running and felt fine this morning. I was working from home and sitting on the couch in my den. Around 11:45 a.m. I was going to heat up the oven to make some lunch for me and my kids and I got up to head out to the kitchen. I can remember seeing my wife in the hallway and then the next thing I know I’m waking up flat on my back on the floor of the den wondering how I got there and my wife is running in yelling for our oldest to bring her phone. I somehow had passed out and hit the deck.

My wife called 911 and within 90 seconds the paramedics were there (followed by three fire trucks, two police cars from our community, one from the city next door, and my doctor neighbor who saw all the commotion and was concerned… it must have been a slow day for the emergency folks). I was still sort of disoriented and out of it but otherwise alert. My wife told me and the paramedics that she saw me coming out of the den and then My eyes rolled back and closed and I hit the deck. She called out my name but I have no response.

The paramedics gave me an EKG and some quick bloodwork and everything seemed fine. They offered to take me to the hospital and at first I said, “No” but my wife convinced me to go and get checked now while everything is fresh. Some more tests and better bloodwork later and everything is still coming up good. The only thing the doctors can think of is that I may have been dehydrated. I drink enough water all day everyday that that feels unlikely but who knows?

Anyway… I’m bored as hell sitting here in a hospital bed waiting to be released so you guys get my story.

I will say that I was pretty scared when I came to but if my wife hadn’t been there I probably would have (stupidly) brushed it off completely.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget to hydrate!

Here’s my view for the past few hours:

View attachment 1714292

I took today off from running and felt fine this morning. I was working from home and sitting on the couch in my den. Around 11:45 a.m. I was going to heat up the oven to make some lunch for me and my kids and I got up to head out to the kitchen. I can remember seeing my wife in the hallway and then the next thing I know I’m waking up flat on my back on the floor of the den wondering how I got there and my wife is running in yelling for our oldest to bring her phone. I somehow had passed out and hit the deck.

My wife called 911 and within 90 seconds the paramedics were there (followed by three fire trucks, two police cars from our community, one from the city next door, and my doctor neighbor who saw all the commotion and was concerned… it must have been a slow day for the emergency folks). I was still sort of disoriented and out of it but otherwise alert. My wife told me and the paramedics that she saw me coming out of the den and then My eyes rolled back and closed and I hit the deck. She called out my name but I have no response.

The paramedics gave me an EKG and some quick bloodwork and everything seemed fine. They offered to take me to the hospital and at first I said, “No” but my wife convinced me to go and get checked now while everything is fresh. Some more tests and better bloodwork later and everything is still coming up good. The only thing the doctors can think of is that I may have been dehydrated. I drink enough water all day everyday that that feels unlikely but who knows?

Anyway… I’m bored as hell sitting here in a hospital bed waiting to be released so you guys get my story.

I will say that I was pretty scared when I came to but if my wife hadn’t been there I probably would have (stupidly) brushed it off completely.

I did that once in the shower after soaking in the Banff Hot Springs. It’s no fun at all…

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did my XC hill-repeat laps, for strength-building, for this first time in ages. Just 4 x 1.4km, for a boggy and cold total of 5.6km (3.5 miles). Pace was surprisingly consistent and an average of 4:41/km (7:32/mile), which is almost exactly the same as I was doing for these laps in January when I was starting up my training for the year after a few weeks out. I will keep doing four laps for the next four weeks, then add another laps etc. Should be on 8 laps by the end of March. I think I am going to keep doing these to the end of April at least just because I have a a 25km mountain race in June. I wish I had more actual hills around here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The final diagnosis from the doctor was a vasovagal syncope likely caused by exercise induced hypotension and made particularly severe this time because of dehydration. He said this isn’t uncommon among endurance athletes who have a low resting heart rate and low blood pressure. All I heard was him calling me an endurance athlete, so that was cool.

Prescription is to take it easy this weekend and just be aware when getting up from a long time in a prone position or on the couch to do it a bit more slowly. Apparently it’s not something I really need to worry about while up and moving around and going about my business or mid-run.

I have another doctor neighbor who is a triathlete and does a lot of work with other athletes. Next time I see him, I’ll have to ask him about this. Maybe this is a good kick in the pants for me to go get my own primary care physician too.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I passed out after football practice in high school. I was on my way to the basement, and if I'd gotten two more steps in before losing consciousness, I would have tumbled down the stairs. Super scary! Glad you're alright.

2.8 miles Sonoma at walking pace with my teammates.

1638599541167.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads