• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hey, that half marathon I signed for is going on right now. I’m going to ride a little later while our van is getting snow tires installed.

684B664C-6F11-4C65-B850-B8976C5506A7.jpeg

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
21 miles over multiple segments as I tried out a non-car way to get to my buddy’s house in San Jose to work on the race car. BART was a clusterfuck, and I will not be doing that again. ? Six hours total round trip for what should have been only about four and change.

His house is on a private road in the hills, and the last mile had 600 ft of climbing with multiple 20% ramps, the worst of which is right before his driveway. Brutal, will not do again!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Went out with Mrs. Piob yesterday morning and she was good for nine easy miles. I packed her up, she drove off, and I got in another 20 on my own. This morning I did my first 40 miler since breaking my arm. NGL, the first 25 miles sucked as it was into the wind and slightly up hill. Last 15 I was spinning my big gear with ease as it was slightly down hill with a 15-20 mph breeze at my back.

Did weights both days. Benches are back to baseline and everything else is at about 80%. Pain is almost gone so I'm a happy camper.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13 miles on my mountain bike at the bike park. I had my first actual crash in quite some time when my rear wheel hung up on a rock feature that I’ve ridden a bunch of time. Good times…

A082DDDA-BCF3-4E40-B697-ACD17897ADAF.jpeg

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I havent been regularly keeping up here, when's your race? Looks like things are going well, how are you feeling? Anything you feel like you've learned in your race prep/ training module that will color how you approach things in the future?
@Dusty Heaters You ever run your race?

Hey guys, been a little absent on here as of late. I did end up running the Albany Marathon (Hudson Mohawk) and it was a great experience. Unfortunately I didn't run very well. Definitely learned a lot of things. This was my first road marathon.

Around mile 18 I started to experience cramping in my feet that quickly spread throughout my legs making running pretty much impossible. I lost 12 minutes walking & stopping to stretch the final 10k. Finished in 3:20, which I think is a big underperformance...but that's okay. Already signed up for my next one on 2/10 in Phoenix!

bleh.jpg

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a little absent on here as of late. I did end up running the Albany Marathon (Hudson Mohawk) and it was a great experience. Unfortunately I didn't run very well. Definitely learned a lot of things. This was my first road marathon.

Around mile 18 I started to experience cramping in my feet that quickly spread throughout my legs making running pretty much impossible. I lost 12 minutes walking & stopping to stretch the final 10k. Finished in 3:20, which I think is a big underperformance...but that's okay. Already signed up for my next one on 2/10 in Phoenix!

View attachment 1688271

Hey, good to hear from you and sounds like you learned a lot from your first marathon. Incidentally, your last 6 miles look almost identical to my normal runs :/

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles yesterday morning and 8.3 today with 10x800m at the track.

I got to the track nice and early this morning, well before the sun was up, and did my normal first lap around nice and slow with my headlamp on to make sure the track was clear of obstacles. Afterwards, I took off my headlamp and left it on a bench, did some stretching, and went about my workout. I did about 15 laps with nobody out there and it was still really dark out. On the 16th, I was running in the outside lane and came around one of the turns and glanced over at the bench where I had set my headlamp and suddenly there was a figure sitting there dressed all in black with a black hood on. I only happened to catch a glimpse of her because she happened to look up at the same time and the moon caught her face. Needless to say it scared me enough to wonder if it registered on my HR monitor (it didn't but I wonder if I had a lower HR at the time and was just on a walk or something if there would have been a little blip). I think she saw me jump because she said, "Sorry" and then she got on to her run.

I live in a relatively safe and affluent community (my wife's cousin told me she knows it's a good neighborhood because of the number of solo female runners she sees out early in the morning or late in the evening) where drivers are pretty courteous and trained to see runners and pedestrians on the road and and she was running at the track but I never saw a car pull up so she must have walked or run to the track. I always wonder what posses some people to dress in all dark clothing with nothing reflective when they go out for a walk or run so early in the morning?

View attachment 1688271

Glad to see you finished, even if it wasn't the time you were aiming for. February in Phoenix doesn't sound too bad! I've decided my next marathon will be somewhere scenic (or the 2022 Marine Corps Marathon, but I guess some folks consider DC to be scenic).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Decent weight sesh this morning. Only movements not back to baseline weight at this point are unsurprisingly arm movements.

Hoping to crank out 15-20 miles tomorrow at 6a. I hope I manage to get myself out there as it'll be the first time I use my headlight as a headlight vs. flashing DTR. :-D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads