• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
7ish “miles” this evening. Abandoned a 3x10x20s @ 315w workout after 2.2 sets…

8D78B69B-3023-4B61-9FFC-7ABCD43C4302.jpeg

Pain Cave 2.0

901BAEA6-15F6-4009-8BDF-F0113F62A718.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came in here to whine that I haven't run since Monday morning because I stepped on a rock in my garage without any shoes on Monday afternoon and my heel is a little tender... and then I read the write-up of the ordeal @jbarwick had on his Barkley adventure and now I just feel like a malingerer!

That sounds like some tough sledding there dude! Do the organizers of the Barkley runs keep track of where on the routes people drop at? It would be interesting to know if there was one particular segment that was the culprit for a disproportionate number of the participants.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came in here to whine that I haven't run since Monday morning because I stepped on a rock in my garage without any shoes on Monday afternoon and my heel is a little tender... and then I read the write-up of the ordeal @jbarwick had on his Barkley adventure and now I just feel like a malingerer!

That sounds like some tough sledding there dude! Do the organizers of the Barkley runs keep track of where on the routes people drop at? It would be interesting to know if there was one particular segment that was the culprit for a disproportionate number of the participants.

If it makes you feel better, I cut my foot on a rock by the lake we were camping next to three weeks ago. Last night was the first time I felt comfortable running on it.

The embarrassing part is that I cut the side of my foot when I rolled my ankle and hit the rock.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Drop tracking is a huge deal and if you don’t check in after a drop, you are banned from all the RDs events. The longest section was roughly 7 miles and they have time cutoffs for all aid stations to keep slower people from continuing. For instance, my power hike to check-in 1 was 55min and I was probably right around top 50 at that point out of~450 runners with a 1:45 cutoff.

After seeing those trails and the off sections of forest, the Barkley Marathons are ridiculous. Even the trails are tough going.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15 mixed terrain miles on the cyclocross bike. I rode a few miles at the bike park in there, and managed to catch some air on one of the dirt jumps. You definitely get some looks doing such things on a bike with no suspension…

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1.3 miles this morning and a few times a week since starting from scratch a couple of weeks ago. I have never been a runner so gradually working my way up to running around 3-4 miles comfortably this Fall. I just mapped a 1.7 mile route I hope to graduate to next Monday.

During my run yesterday, I decided on a whim to try out the 1.7 mile route I mentioned before. I was surprised I completed it without much difficulty - I was ready to stop at the end but did not struggle. I hate the thought of having/wanting to stop mid-run so will stick to this route a few more times before graduating to a scenic 2.6 miler in a couple of weeks. I should add the return trip of any route I run is a steady, steep incline.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 flat trail miles. I’ve done that two runs without the Garmin. I’m just going to slowly build the miles back up, heading into winter when I won’t have enough daylight to ride in the evenings.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got out to the track late last night for 10 x 10 second sprints (plus about a mile to the track to warm up and a mile home to cool down).

I had 3 minutes of rest between each sprint and instead of jogging around the track like I'd normally do, I did some push-ups and, because there were a couple big tractor tires that had been left out there, decided to do some tire flips as well. I had never actually done that before and was surprised at how heavy those tires are!

All in all, I did about 4.75 miles. I hadn't run since Monday morning and it felt great to finally get back out there. I may or may not try to get out for a run around lunchtime today, but I think my body has really benefited from all the extra rest this week. I've got a 5k coming on Sunday and I'd like to get a longer easy run in on Saturday morning but I'm not going to press it.

Either way, I'm probably going to end this week with under 25 miles (maybe even under 20) for the first time since early 2020? Next week I'll get back at it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads